TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Rick and Morty Season 5 starts Sunday.

(I also feel like I'm going crazy because I swear I posted about it)
i remember reading a post about this a while back.  not sure if it was you but someone posted about rick and morty. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Rick and Morty Season 5 starts Sunday.

(I also feel like I'm going crazy because I swear I posted about it)
I can't watch it. Comcast dropped Cartoon Network/Adult Swim   :P

the-pi-guy

I can't watch it. Comcast dropped Cartoon Network/Adult Swim   :P

Adult Swim put it on YouTube.

Legend

Adult Swim put it on YouTube.

Yup youtube pushed it for me so I watched it a few days ago. Will all the episodes be on youtube?

the-pi-guy

Will all the episodes be on youtube?
It'll be a surprise.

the-pi-guy

I didn't really love Season 4. At the time I kind of wrote it off as needing to rewatch it. It's been a pretty consistent trend for me to like it okay the first time and really love it the second time I watch it.

But season 5 is off to a really great start. The episode really felt like it fit in with the first couple of seasons.

the-pi-guy

Oof that Rick and Morty episode.  
Without spoilers, that was the worst premise of any episode.  

Dr. Pezus

Oof that Rick and Morty episode.  
Without spoilers, that was the worst premise of any episode.  
So, bad?

the-pi-guy

So, bad?
The episode was okay.

The premise is so raunchy, even the creators seemed a bit down about it.

Spoilers for those who don't care:
Spoiler for plot:
<br>The premise is Morty gets jerked off by a horse semen collector. <br>Much of the episode is about fighting enlarged versions of Morty&#39;s sperm. <br>But they don&#39;t realize it&#39;s Morty&#39;s so they get Summer&#39;s egg to attract them. <br><br>And the episode ends with a large incest baby. <br>

The actual episode had some good commentary, and I laughed more than most episodes probably. So I wouldn't say it was a bad episode. There were a few things that were off about the episode.

It just had a grotesque concept.  

Dr. Pezus

The episode was okay.

The premise is so raunchy, even the creators seemed a bit down about it.

Spoilers for those who don't care:
Spoiler for plot:
<br>The premise is Morty gets jerked off by a horse semen collector. <br>Much of the episode is about fighting enlarged versions of Morty&#39;s sperm. <br>But they don&#39;t realize it&#39;s Morty&#39;s so they get Summer&#39;s egg to attract them. <br><br>And the episode ends with a large incest baby. <br>

The actual episode had some good commentary, and I laughed more than most episodes probably. So I wouldn't say it was a bad episode. There were a few things that were off about the episode.

It just had a grotesque concept.  
Ugh that's pretty weird

Legend

Loki is everything wrong with Disney+.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Starts out great but by the end it just feels like every episode ends with little payoff and a big push/tease for the next episode.<br><br>Why was this season so short?<br>

the-pi-guy

There's a trope (All of the other reindeer/butt monkey, either could apply) I'm not really a fan of in general.

Meg from family guy for instance.

I dont mind the trope per se, but I've seen instances where it gets taken way too far.  

It sucks when a character is basically reduced to being a joke magnet. Like when a character isn't even a 1 dimensional character, the only reason they seem to exist is to be made fun of.  

I'm really not a fan of it.

Legend

There's a trope (All of the other reindeer/butt monkey, either could apply) I'm not really a fan of in general.

Meg from family guy for instance.

I dont mind the trope per se, but I've seen instances where it gets taken way too far.  

It sucks when a character is basically reduced to being a joke magnet. Like when a character isn't even a 1 dimensional character, the only reason they seem to exist is to be made fun of.  

I'm really not a fan of it.

In my headcanon it's a joke about Mila Kunis being the most famous person on the show. Otherwise it's not fun to see.

the-pi-guy

I feel like I watch Rick and Morty for different reasons compared to most people.  

I don't tend to find the show funny. I usually find it entertaining, but rarely do I laugh.  

I love the show because it has a lot going for it.
The earlier seasons I think especially had more of a storyline, and I think they especially had more of these moments that hit you.  

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Jerry helping Beth with the deer<br>Rick getting depressed<br>

Rick and Morty is still entertaining. But I have been feeling like it's been getting away from having these things.

kitler53

I feel like I watch Rick and Morty for different reasons compared to most people.  

I don't tend to find the show funny. I usually find it entertaining, but rarely do I laugh.  

I love the show because it has a lot going for it.
The earlier seasons I think especially had more of a storyline, and I think they especially had more of these moments that hit you.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

Jerry helping Beth with the deer
Rick getting depressed

Rick and Morty is still entertaining. But I have been feeling like it's been getting away from having these things.
kind of sounds like community's pivot from show about community college to show about paintball fights. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up