European football and discussion about social issues

Started by BananaKing, Jul 11, 2021, 10:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Racial abuse isn't fine and 99% of the England fans know that. I do believe people have the right to protest BLM. It's not racially motivated like the media and people portray. Some people actually see BLM causing more of a divide than closing it. Some people feel that politics should be kept out of football.
I hate that people have to conform or be labelled a racist and a bigot.
I agree with this statement. And im going to drop a more "controversial" one right now.

One of the reasons I dislike this England team so much is the way they have been dealing with racism. They are all talk. All sizzle and no steak. Basically they have been reduced to a bunch of cry babies complaining about racism that just love to play the victim card.

This whole taking a knee thing is redundant and stupid. They have been doing it all season. And it does nothing. Can anybody tell me how it does anything? Ohh its "spreads awareness?" So ya, it does nothing. Its an act of self indulgence to make them selfs feel better and act like they are doing anything

The other time it was Rashford or sterling complaining that he recieved over 70 racist tweets on a post he made... so what? Block them. Shut them down.

The whole of English football including FA, Premier league and so on announced a "boycut" of social media due to racism. Are you kidding? So you shut up because you're getting racist comments here and there?

This whole thing just fuels the racist comments because the ones making them feel like they won. If you get a player to go out and cry because a racist comment, that person will feel his goal is accomplished. If the whole of English football STOPS POSTING all together, the bullies will think they won! Its ridiculous!

Want to solve the racism in football? Block those who make racist comments. Actually add security in stadiums and cameras, identify those making racist comments, and ban them from coming. When those who are racist know they will be banned from watching games if they say shame, because many others have already been banned, then they won't dare say shame. But if all they see is the footballers taking the knee, and see comments of no to racism and social media boycots, then they will keep doing it.

And that's a big reason why people boo taking the knee, but then they are called racist.

England lost and now the whole story is about racism, because they love to use that victim card and they are using it now to shift the story from being horrible in the game to racial abuse. Those who have seen this happen many many times with English players, get sick of it. And frankly it undermines the whole issue of racial injustic.

Xevross

I agree with this statement. And im going to drop a more "controversial" one right now.

One of the reasons I dislike this England team so much is the way they have been dealing with racism. They are all talk. All sizzle and no steak. Basically they have been reduced to a bunch of cry babies complaining about racism that just love to play the victim card.

This whole taking a knee thing is redundant and stupid. They have been doing it all season. And it does nothing. Can anybody tell me how it does anything? Ohh its "spreads awareness?" So ya, it does nothing. Its an act of self indulgence to make them selfs feel better and act like they are doing anything

The other time it was Rashford or sterling complaining that he recieved over 70 racist tweets on a post he made... so what? Block them. Shut them down.

The whole of English football including FA, Premier league and so on announced a "boycut" of social media due to racism. Are you kidding? So you shut up because you're getting racist comments here and there?

This whole thing just fuels the racist comments because the ones making them feel like they won. If you get a player to go out and cry because a racist comment, that person will feel his goal is accomplished. If the whole of English football STOPS POSTING all together, the bullies will think they won! Its ridiculous!

Want to solve the racism in football? Block those who make racist comments. Actually add security in stadiums and cameras, identify those making racist comments, and ban them from coming. When those who are racist know they will be banned from watching games if they say shame, because many others have already been banned, then they won't dare say shame. But if all they see is the footballers taking the knee, and see comments of no to racism and social media boycots, then they will keep doing it.

And that's a big reason why people boo taking the knee, but then they are called racist.

England lost and now the whole story is about racism, because they love to use that victim card and they are using it now to shift the story from being horrible in the game to racial abuse. Those who have seen this happen many many times with English players, get sick of it. And frankly it undermines the whole issue of racial injustic.
You're a completely uninformed and bigoted idiot.

BananaKing

You're a completely uninformed and bigoted idiot.
Pretty much swordfishes point. Dont conform be called a bigot.

Dr. Pezus

Ok guys, let's relax a little.

It's pretty clear to me that racism won't get better until society as a whole changes. You don't do that by blocking hundreds of racists on social media.

It's just like in medicine, preventive measures always work better than treatment after the fact. Covid prevention is way better than treatment for example.

Legend

2K Community Director Details Years of Abuse from Public | TechRaptor

I don't believe id laws for social media are the best approach, but I understand why they are desired.

The toxic feedback loop that social media can produce is a massive problem.

Go Up