previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Jul 01, 2021, 04:16 PM Last Edit: Jul 01, 2021, 04:18 PM by the-pi-guy
- native PS5 version, dualsense features, dynamic 4K60 target
- PS4 version as well
- Japanese Lip sync
- Available August 20th
- Ikishima expansion (not a standalone like rumored)

Xevross

Oh god, so there is no show.

Xevross

On topic, next month is fricking wowwww. I'm gonna play the shame out of this. $30 for people who own the PS4 game, that's pretty nice.

the-pi-guy

Oh god, so there is no show.
Your timing is impeccable.  

kitler53

man, i can't wait for my bathroom to be done.   this and TLoU2 is soo what i'm going to play as soon as i get my ps5 back.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Jul 01, 2021, 04:33 PM Last Edit: Jul 01, 2021, 04:35 PM by Xevross
Your timing is impeccable. 
Indeed.

Some people already complaining about the $10 upgrade for PS5 but honestly I was expecting Sony to charge for full price remasters so this is great. I agrued before that "free upgrades" are basically devs doing extra stuff for free and should never be expected, people thinking next gen upgrades should be fully free is a fine opinion, but I have no problem with a $10 upgrade. When its a good quality port that boosts the game in all aspects, uses 3d audio, haptics etc. then its worth it.

$20 for the directors cut/ expansion seems very standard for this too. Overall this is just way sooner and way better than I expected. And for people who hate spending money, Legends is getting a free update at the same time.

kitler53

Indeed.

Some people already complaining about the $10 upgrade for PS5 but honestly I was expecting Sony to charge for full price remasters so this is great. I agrued before that "free upgrades" are basically devs doing extra stuff for free and should never be expected, people thinking next gen upgrades should be fully free is a fine opinion, but I have no problem with a $10 upgrade. When its a good quality port that boosts the game in all aspects, uses 3d audio, haptics etc. then its worth it.

$20 for the directors cut/ expansion seems very standard for this too. Overall this is just way sooner and way better than I expected. And for people who hate spending money, Legend is getting a free update at the same time.
what kind of update?   tattoo? piercing? 3rd eye?  3rd leg...?

Xevross

what kind of update?   tattoo? piercing? 3rd eye?  3rd leg...?
All of the above!

Serious answer: they just said there'll be an update with a new mode and they'll detail it in the coming weeks.

the-pi-guy

Cheapest avenue this second seems to be:
- buy used PS4 copy
- upgrade to PS5.

This seemingly solidifies that God of War is going to be $70 on PS5, $60 on PS4.  :(

Legend

Lame that it's not free for existing owners, outside of the expansion of course.

Guess I'll just get back into the regular version.
what kind of update?   tattoo? piercing? 3rd eye?  3rd leg...?

Just a stability update. Can never have too many of those.

kitler53

Lame that it's not free for existing owners, outside of the expansion of course.

Guess I'll just get back into the regular version.Just a stability update. Can never have too many of those.
been day drinking is see..

the-pi-guy

The should be free is pretty annoying.

$10 is terrible for the PS5 version, but honestly that comes down to the PS4 version already being so good on PS5. With the 4k (checkerboard) 60 fps mode.  It feels really unnecessary.

A proper upgrade though, I'd be pretty happy to pay $10.  
$20 for an expansion pack is pretty standard too.  

Legend

I think for new games, all next gen upgrades should be free. An older PS4 or PS3 game needs to be remastered and often brings about significant improvements. Ghost just seems like $10 more because PS5 games cost $10 more.

the-pi-guy