Sony San Diego’s Unannounced F2P Game to Be Competitive, Include Vehicles

Started by Raven, May 03, 2014, 11:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

F2P is a mess. I almost went that way with my game, but decided not since usually they're so manipulative. Especially the candy crush type free to play games. I look forward to the day that that type of content is treated in similar regard to gambling.

I dunno free 2 play isn't inherently bad... I prefer it when the micro trans are just for flair rather than pay 2 win...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

F2P is a mess. I almost went that way with my game, but decided not since usually they're so manipulative. Especially the candy crush type free to play games. I look forward to the day that that type of content is treated in similar regard to gambling.

I can imagine it's a total pain in the dog to decide what you want to make free and what you want to charge for. Nevermind designing content constantly that somehow makes people want to spend money.

7H3

I can imagine it's a total pain in the dog to decide what you want to make free and what you want to charge for. Nevermind designing content constantly that somehow makes people want to spend money.

gaiaonline seems to be doing rather well with it... though thats not necessarily a game but still the stuff they charge for doesn't really affect much or make it feel out of wack
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Go Up