PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

How do we know that
It was part of Jason's reporting:

Instead, one team at the studio was assigned to help Naughty Dog with a multiplayer game while a second group was assigned to work on a new Uncharted game with supervision from Naughty Dog. Some staff, including top leads, were unhappy with this arrangement and left. Bend's developers feared they might be absorbed into Naughty Dog, and the studio's leadership asked to be taken off the Uncharted project. They got their wish last month and are now working on a new game of their own that will be part of a brand new franchise.
So the one game is likely very early in production.

They might have an Uncharted game that's further along though

BananaKing

I mean if Sony has a show and we see

GoW
Horizon
ND multiplayer game
GT7 with release date
And that leaked game mentioned earlier.

I think that's a pretty solid showing.

the-pi-guy

ASOBI Team: see them next year
Polyphony: GT7 trailer
Insomniac Games: see them either this year or next.
Naughty Dog: this year with TLOU?
Bend Studio: this year with ND?
San Diego:
Santa Monica: God of War trailer
Sucker Punch:
Pixelopus: ???
GG: Horizon trailer?
London Studio: see them next year?
Media Molecule: ???

Some studios could very well have some smaller teams like MM did with Tearaway.  
Or smaller productions like Uncharted TLL.  

Legend

I mean if Sony has a show and we see

GoW
Horizon
ND multiplayer game
GT7 with release date
And that leaked game mentioned earlier.

I think that's a pretty solid showing.
Horizon had a state of play just one month ago. Would not expect it to show anything.

I think a third party game could fill that spot.

kitler53

ASOBI Team: see them next year
Polyphony: GT7 trailer
Insomniac Games: see them either this year or next.
Naughty Dog: this year with TLOU?
Bend Studio: this year with ND?
San Diego:
Santa Monica: God of War trailer
Sucker Punch:
Pixelopus: ???
GG: Horizon trailer?
London Studio: see them next year?
Media Molecule: ???

Some studios could very well have some smaller teams like MM did with Tearaway.  
Or smaller productions like Uncharted TLL.  

you're forgetting hapax...

Horizon had a state of play just one month ago. Would not expect it to show anything.

I think a third party game could fill that spot.
such as hapax?..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Normal (total of 14):
Bend Studio
Guerilla Games
Housemarque
Insomniac Games
London Studio
Media Molecule
Naughty Dog
Pixelopus
Polyphony Digital
San Diego Studio
Santa Monica Studio
Sucker Punch Productions
Team Asobi
XDev
Bluepoint Games <-- would make the total 15, will not be counted for counts below
Support More Well Known + FW (+ above is a total of 21):
PSVA (formerly VASG)
ICE
Malaysia Studio
San Mateo Studio
Playstation Audio
Nixxes
Forward Works
Support Less Known (+ above is a total of 28)
SN Systems
Audiokinetic
CSG
PDSG
ATG
LAMS
SCWT
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot21-non-je-ne-regrette-ryan.449587/page-109#post-68785921

the-pi-guy

Legend

The Sony Exclusive from Jade Raymond's Haven Games is an online GaaS. : GamingLeaksAndRumours

Sony partner Haven Games rumored to be making an online GaaS.  
Sony Online was good. Wouldn't mind a studio bringing energy like that back.

the-pi-guy

There's a rumor that Sony is building a new Japanese studio.  

Legend

There's a rumor that Sony is building a new Japanese studio.  

Maybe with all the devs they lost over the years!

the-pi-guy

Really excited:
Asobi Team
Santa Monica
Sucker Punch
Geurilla Games
Housemarque

Spoiler for explanations:
<br>Astrobot, God of War, Horizon were some of my favorite PS4 titles, and they&#39;re making more of them. <br><br>I haven&#39;t played Ghost of Tsushima or Returnal, but they look really interesting.<br>

Moderate/Neutral:
Naughty Dog
Bend Studio
Insomniac Games
Pixelopus
London Studio
Media Molecule
Firesprite

<br>Most of these haven&#39;t really made anything crazy awesome, but there are 3 that need an explanation.<br><br>I know Naughty Dog being placed here is crazy. I have been a huge ND fan my entire life, and they&#39;ve always been my favorite studio. From Crash, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, The Last of Us, they&#39;ve consistently made some of my favorite games. &nbsp;<br>I&#39;m not looking forward to Factions, don&#39;t have much interest in multiplayer games.<br>I felt good about how Uncharted ended, and TLOU as well, and I&#39;m feeling a bit burnt out by the latter. &nbsp;A new IP would be insane hype material for me, but right now I&#39;m having a hard time getting excited by what it seems like they&#39;re doing.<br><br>Insomniac Games: I&#39;m not the biggest fan of the superhero games they make. Spiderman was really good, but it&#39;s not as good as the Arkham games was. It&#39;s a little disappointing that they&#39;re seemingly going ham on superhero games. But on the other hand, it&#39;s probably a great thing. Sony can expand with their basically certain success.<br><br>Media Molecule: during the PS3 gen, I loved LittleBigPlanet and 2. LBP 1 was my first PS3 game, and I put so many hours into it. MM was probably my second favorite developer during the PS3 era. &nbsp;But during the PS4 era, they barely did anything. They largely spent years working on Dreams. It was a bit disappointing that they didn&#39;t pack it with a huge story made by Media Molecule. A new platformer or something would be crazy awesome for me, but at the moment, I don&#39;t feel excited.<br>

Not excited at all:
Polyphony
San Diego

<br>Racing and sports games don&#39;t excite me at all. &nbsp;<br>I might buy a racing game, but it&#39;s pretty unlikely. I prefer arcade racing like Mario Kart/Modnation Racers.<br>

Legend

I feel similar except for ND.

I refuse to believe that they have spent all this time only working on a multiplayer spinoff, so I'm expecting a new IP. There is so much room for creativity and with the checkbook they've earned, it could really be unique.

Imagine if Naughty Dog themselves pull a Horizon or Ghost of Tsushima and reinvent their studio once again.

the-pi-guy

Naughty Dog - 60 positions
FireSprite - 44 positions
SMS - 36 positions
Media Molecule - 22 positions
Bend Studio - 22 positions
Insomniac Games - 21 positions
Sucker Punch - 21 positions
Guerrilla Games - 19 positions
Polyphony Digital - 12 positions
Team Asobi - 12 positions
London Studio - 6 positions
San Diego Studio - 4 positions

PlayStation studios is hiring fairly aggressively across the board.

Go Up