General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I'm opting to re-encode my library.  
It's a minor loss of quality for 1/8th space.  I think that's well worth it.  

Legend

How large is your library?

I have a nasty habit of just buying more hard drives. I have probably around 20 terabytes of data in various places.

the-pi-guy

How large is your library?

I have a nasty habit of just buying more hard drives. I have probably around 20 terabytes of data in various places.
I think I have like 65 movies and 13 tv series totalling some 800+ episodes.  

It's like 3.5 TB.  There's a few that are Blu ray quality.  Some of them are really great like that, but there's a few that I really don't feel like gain a lot from the blu ray.  

I'm tempted to get a 10 TB drive, but this is probably a better idea.  

the-pi-guy

F. I forgot to set subtitles.  

Legend

My arm is super sore from my first covid shot. Wonder if the second dose will kick harder.

Kinda fun though.

the-pi-guy

My arm is super sore from my first covid shot. Wonder if the second dose will kick harder.

Kinda fun though.
I always hear the second is worse.  

the-pi-guy

Amazon.com: Brother MFC-L3710CW Compact Digital Color All-in-One Printer Providing Laser Printer Quality Results with Wireless, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready: Electronics

I bought a printer.

-------------------------------------------------------

I am not supposed to get another vaccine until after the 22nd I think.  Had a check up and finished up a vaccine round from a long time ago.  And they recommend not getting the Covid vaccines until after 14 days.  

Legend

Amazon.com: Brother MFC-L3710CW Compact Digital Color All-in-One Printer Providing Laser Printer Quality Results with Wireless, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready: Electronics

I bought a printer.

-------------------------------------------------------

I am not supposed to get another vaccine until after the 22nd I think.  Had a check up and finished up a vaccine round from a long time ago.  And they recommend not getting the Covid vaccines until after 14 days.  
I hate printers. I don't think I've ever bought one I had zero issues with.

the-pi-guy

I hate printers. I don't think I've ever bought one I had zero issues with.

Brothers are supposed to be the best.  

My grandma gave us hers, and it was the best we have ever had.  

From an ink point of view, it was pretty incredible. Lasted like years without a refill.

Legend

You know the saying about lies spreading faster than truth? Could you imagine how beneficial it'd be if the tracking algorithms on social media were used to make sure everyone who saw the original news also saw the correction? It'd be sobering to see how many random posts you take at face value end up being completely fake.

Brothers are supposed to be the best.  

My grandma gave us hers, and it was the best we have ever had.  

From an ink point of view, it was pretty incredible. Lasted like years without a refill.

This comment was so confusing when I reread it without context  :P

the-pi-guy

You know the saying about lies spreading faster than truth? Could you imagine how beneficial it'd be if the tracking algorithms on social media were used to make sure everyone who saw the original news also saw the correction? It'd be sobering to see how many random posts you take at face value end up being completely fake.
Facebook tries to do this.  

Posts get marked with something that says "this post may be misleading" with an article linked with the correction.  

Some people use it as proof of Facebook's bias.   :-\

Legend

I just got a spam email for elevator hoist manufacturing. Not sure which industry they think VizionEck is in.

SWORDF1SH

I just got a spam email for elevator hoist manufacturing. Not sure which industry they think VizionEck is in.
They obviously know the only way is up for VizionEck  8)

the-pi-guy

May 07, 2021, 10:39 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 10:43 PM by the-pi-guy
They obviously know the only way is up for VizionEck  8)
Excellent pun work. 

the-pi-guy

So I don't have ms office. Instead I'm using Libreoffice.  

I don't understand why the default is so bad.  

You get this single worthless menu.  If you want to do anything basic like changing the font size you have to go through the header and look for the right menu and then find the font menu.  It actually has a menu just like new word, but it's not the default.  (It might not be a terrible menu, I'm just not used to it.).

Or why the color scheme is so bad.  The icons are the same color as the MS office ones. But the apps themselves are like check out this white document and this slightly off white menu.  There's barely any contrast.  

Go Up