Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Off-Topic News Discussion / Re: 29 Raptors
Last post by Legend - Today at 01:40 AM
I guess I feel that the first game was closer to perfect, but the second one did more things that were more unique/transformative.

How many games have you play as two characters and have a boss fight out of both of them?  

The game did a lot to make you empathize with your enemies, and did a lot to make fighting brutal in a way that made you regret doing it.
Gaming Community / Re: Video Game Sales Thread
Last post by BananaKing - Yesterday at 10:25 PM
RDR2 sales are amazing. 38 million is absolutely crazy. Can it eventually reach 50 million?

150 for GTA5 is just bonkers.
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 09:54 PM
...and can take us from 0 to 1.5 degrees of global warming in just 60 seconds!
This is a "volcanoes are worse than humans, so there's nothing we can do about climate change" tier comment.  
Gaming Community / Re: Video Game Sales Thread
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 09:08 PM
Oh come on we don't need anti-intellectual dumb takes here.

This is a longer video if you're genuinely unaware of rocket pollution details.

Last post by kitler53 - Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Off-Topic News Discussion / 29 Raptors
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 05:34 PM

510,000 pounds of force per engine. Every single one of these engines is comparable to a single Space Shuttle/SLS rocket engine.

All 4 RS-25 Engines Attached to SLS Core Stage for NASA's Artemis 1 Moon Mission
(Both space shuttle and sls use solid rocket boosters to help lift them off the ground, which pack a massive punch)

With 29 Raptors, the Starship booster is the most powerful rocket stage ever manufactured. It has double the thrust of the Saturn V and significantly more thrust than the Soviet N1 Moon rocket.
Off-Topic Community / Re: What minor thing grinds yo...
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 12:20 AM
Very minor thing that grinds my gears.

Basically identical products that get marketed towards different groups, so people assume it only works for the one thing.  

Like SD cards, or hard drives. They'll often include some software for something specific, but there's nothing to stop someone else from using them.  

I kind of got hassled because someone didn't think a hard drive would accept anything other than photos.  
Off-Topic Community / Re: General Discussion Thread
Last post by kitler53 - Aug 01, 2021, 11:20 PM
I mean the state itself is great. It's been frustrating watching GOP overturn every common sense Covid preventative proposed by the governor.
yeah. your government is iced up.  ...but then so is everything republicans do. 
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10