Bend@Night: Sony Bend Studio sheds a light on video game development

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 11, 2023, 03:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Welcome to Bend@Night, a new digital series providing you with an in-depth look at game development from the creators at Bend Studio. In the first episode, host Kevin McAllister is joined by Jonnathan Mercado and Ryan Johnson to break down Environment Art.
Haven't watched it myself yet, but I figured it would be up some other people's alley.

nnodley

yeah i want to check this out.  I've always wanted to do something similar to this like a podcast or something where you just get a bunch of creatives together and chat about art, their process, etc.  Just hard to find the time

the-pi-guy

Episode 2: Game Design

For some reason they disabled embedding.

nnodley

shame I keep forgetting about this. Need to watch.

I've been wanting to do some sort of podcast related to game dev or games in general along with just general stuff you enjoy, but it's hard to find the right topic and trying to stay somewhat unique. And it's hard to find the right people to start one with

the-pi-guy

shame I keep forgetting about this. Need to watch.
Don't think it helps that they went like 5 weeks without an episode.

nnodley

Guess I didn't even realize it's been that long since episode 1. Lol

the-pi-guy

nnodley

I once again have forgotten to watch these. Now I'm reminded. But I'm guessing I'll forget again. Lol

the-pi-guy

I once again have forgotten to watch these. Now I'm reminded. But I'm guessing I'll forget again. Lol
It's okay.

I think Bend is forgetting that they're making them.

The time between them keeps getting longer. 4 weeks for the second one, 6 weeks for the most recent one. Next one will come out January 9th at this pace.

the-pi-guy

Episode 4 - Programming

It's okay.

I think Bend is forgetting that they're making them.

The time between them keeps getting longer. 4 weeks for the second one, 6 weeks for the most recent one. Next one will come out January 9th at this pace.
I was so optimistic.

nnodley

lol yep totally forgot since they aren't putting them out very fast