Nintendo's Next Console: Q1 or 2H 2024

Started by kitler53, Jul 09, 2023, 01:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Reminder that DLSS is quite a beast:

Legend

Wow just imagine if switch 2 was a legit console with series s specs.

Doubt it, but would be great for me.

kitler53

Sep 07, 2023, 04:04 PM Last Edit: Sep 07, 2023, 04:12 PM by kitler53
Wow just imagine if switch 2 was a legit console with series s specs.

Doubt it, but would be great for me.
it would be quite the achievement for nintendo to have a series-S capable machine in a handheld form factor no?    i mean, maybe if they make it huge like a steam deck but not at the approximate size the switch currently is.

that seems very un-nintendo.   also, even a hater like me doesn't think that's all that fair.   switch is soo bipolar in that people treat it like either a handheld or a console depending on their mood.    ...but from a purely specs PoV switch is really only fairly compared to how much better it is than a 3DS and not how much worse it is than an xbox or playstation.

i mean, that's why i kind of hate the switch.   i wanted a new console not a new handheld pretending to be a console.   maybe switch 2 is actually a console?   like the whole "boost mode when docked" storyline that is so often told.  

Reminder that DLSS is quite a beast:

so can nintendo force that into the hardware or does it require every game to implement it?   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I don't foresee a Series S level system.  

A Steam deck with strong DLSS, might look pretty close though.

Legend

it would be quite the achievement for nintendo to have a series-S capable machine in a handheld form factor no?    i mean, maybe if they make it huge like a steam deck but not at the approximate size the switch currently is.

that seems very un-nintendo.   also, even a hater like me doesn't think that's all that fair.   switch is soo bipolar in that people treat it like either a handheld or a console depending on their mood.    ...but from a purely specs PoV switch is really only fairly compared to how much better it is than a 3DS and not how much worse it is than an xbox or playstation.

i mean, that's why i kind of hate the switch.   i wanted a new console not a new handheld pretending to be a console.   maybe switch 2 is actually a console?   like the whole "boost mode when docked" storyline that is so often told.  
so can nintendo force that into the hardware or does it require every game to implement it?  
It'd only be series s level if switch 2 is nothing like switch 1. Can't put all that power in your hands at a realistic price.

Dlss needs the game to render motion vectors. Most games already do that.

the-pi-guy

Sep 16, 2023, 01:19 AM Last Edit: Sep 16, 2023, 01:34 AM by the-pi-guy
1.) Put on your tin foil hat.

2.) This is kind of nothing....

The video is just hypothesizing that the Switch successor will have the same colored buttons as the Famicom/Super NES, based on the consistently colored button prompts in the two Mario RPG games. 

kitler53

yes.  no.  

talk about a non-important detail. 

Legend

Maybe Nintendo just has standard rules about this for devs.

Switch can't have button colors since joycons rotate.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Again, unimportant detail.   ..but at this point i would be more surprised if it wasn't true than if it was. 

Legend

Haha this stupid detail is legit, isn't it?

How will that work with sideways famicons? Buttons changing color and referring to different positions would make things more confusing for casuals, not less.

the-pi-guy

How can Nintendo Switch 2 surpass its predecessor

I also know that Nintendo is actively meeting with independent developers to find new partners. Some of that is around publishing indie games, which Nintendo does from time-to-time, but it's also seeking studios that could work on some of its IP. Nintendo regularly works with third-party teams, including Bandai Namco, Team Ninja, Platinum Games, MercurySteam, WayForward and Grezzo. But the company is looking to add to that roster, and I know of three studios that are deep in conversation around making games based on Nintendo brands.

Legend

Well it's Q1, we're waiting!

Needs to release in March to be on the same pacing as Switch 1. That'd keep it as a perfect mid gen console.

Dr. Pezus

Well it's Q1, we're waiting!

Needs to release in March to be on the same pacing as Switch 1. That'd keep it as a perfect mid gen console.
I think q4 2024 or q1 2025

kitler53

Yeah,.. i still don't think nintendo will have much time from announcement to release but a Q1 release is starting to feel unlikely.  I would think we'd at least have the announcement of the announcement by now.   

Still confident in 2024.   switch sales had a huge decrease last year.  This year should be far worse.  Nintendo will want their successor out soon.  They are due. 

Go Up