Perfect Dark announced at The Game Awards

Started by Legend, Dec 11, 2020, 06:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Was disappointing for me as a person that never played Perfect Dark and just knew xbox had a AAA game in the works. Hopefully my gut reaction is wrong. (the concept just seems so bland even though the one shot of the traditional city with plants was great)

Legend

The voiceover really doesn't work for me. It's talking about a horrible dystopian society ala cyberpunk yet everything looks amazing?

What laws of nature are being broken? This is part of Cairo today.

the-pi-guy

I think you're trying to read too much into the trailer.

The "laws being broken" bit probably is part of the plot, not something they're showing in the trailer.  Still the laws of nature being broken is kind of a goofy nonsense phrase.

kitler53

the whole thing is just marketing fluff. maybe it's amazing.  maybe it's trash.  ...there is nothing to see here. 

but I'd bet on trash over gold.  as a new studio they are going to have to prove themselves first. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

the whole thing is just marketing fluff. maybe it's amazing.  maybe it's trash.  ...there is nothing to see here.

but I'd bet on trash over gold.  as a new studio they are going to have to prove themselves first.
Yeah, xbox continuing their thing of nothing announcements. CGI trailers that don't reveal anything about games that are obviously years away. I have no idea why they keep announcing games like this.

I have no interest in this at all. Show me some gameplay or at least representitive in-engine footage then maybe I'll consider it.

Legend

I think you're trying to read too much into the trailer.

The "laws being broken" bit probably is part of the plot, not something they're showing in the trailer.  Still the laws of nature being broken is kind of a goofy nonsense phrase.
It's just an example screenshot from the trailer. The whole voiceover is the problem, not just that one line.

The trailer presents a very positive depiction of the future, something we should be striving to achieve, yet the voiceover is arguing against it without any evidence.

the-pi-guy

It's just an example screenshot from the trailer. The whole voiceover is the problem, not just that one line.

The trailer presents a very positive depiction of the future, something we should be striving to achieve, yet the voiceover is arguing against it without any evidence.

I understand where you are coming from. 
Voice over doesn't really line up with what is being shown. 

But the end of the trailer does show some crazy storms.

kitler53

sounds perfectly relatable to me..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

I don't know Perfect dark's lore, but this doesn't seem like it's right.