November 2020 NPD - Switch 1.35M, PS5 Biggest Launch Ever (>1.14M), XBS lower than XB1 (<900k)

Started by Xevross, Dec 10, 2020, 10:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Nintendo Switch is the Top-Selling Console in November with More Than 1.3 Million Units Sold | Business Wire

Last year was 1.42M, so this is down YoY in November for Switch. Stock limited.

Also means PS5 and XBS are below 1.35M (well, Switch is "over 1.35M" so technically they could also be a bit over).

the-pi-guy

I'm surprised that XS didn't match Xbox One.  I know that supply was spread further out this launch, but still.  

kitler53

with everything sold out it's difficult to take joy in playstations success and xbox's failure...

...but i will try my best.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

I'm surprised that XS didn't match Xbox One.  I know that supply was spread further out this launch, but still.  
Yeah it is a surprise, it had an extra week of tracking compared to xb1 as well I think. Seems like launch was about the same size  it following couple weeks were lower than xb1. Worldwide it will be bigger due to 28 more markets, but I gues that balances out the main markets rather than growing on top.

XB1 sold 3m worldwide on the turn of the year, I was expecting XBS to beat that and be around 3.5m but now I think anything >3m would be great now.

kitler53

Yeah it is a surprise, it had an extra week of tracking compared to xb1 as well I think. Seems like launch was about the same size  it following couple weeks were lower than xb1. Worldwide it will be bigger due to 28 more markets, but I gues that balances out the main markets rather than growing on top.

XB1 sold 3m worldwide on the turn of the year, I was expecting XBS to beat that and be around 3.5m but now I think anything >3m would be great now.
i don't feel like it is that unexpected.   our information was rumors i guess but all indications pointed to xbox starting their manufacturing after playstation.  this numbers feel perfectly expected to me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

In the absense of a leak yet we know PS5<1273k from Era prediction results.