The Game Awards 2020 discussion and live thread

Started by Legend, Nov 28, 2020, 06:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Hades really deserved better :(

Oh well, TGAs is just one event. They can still set a big new record for GOTY awards for an indie game.
A lot of times they'd have a studio of the year award. Which it tended to feel like they had that there to have a second GOTY award because the winner would tend to be the other studio.  

But it really feels like Hades really should have gotten credit for this as a studio award.

kitler53

Yeah Seasons looked great. Can't wait to see more.

I'd also be all over Returnal and super excited for it if it was about half the price.
as a follow up..

...a long time ago I argued that everwild "looked cheap" for a next gen game.  seaons is my argument of why I'm right. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

On Ark:

1.) Game is console exclusive to Xbox

2.) I'm confused how a survival game gets Vin.  Really seems like a weird change of game.  

3.) It's also kind of weird how the animated series looks like a 90's cartoon, while the game is going for a fairly realistic look.

kitler53

On Ark:

1.) Game is console exclusive to Xbox

2.) I'm confused how a survival game gets Vin.  Really seems like a weird change of game.  

3.) It's also kind of weird how the animated series looks like a 90's cartoon, while the game is going for a fairly realistic look.

eh. because that's what games are these days.  the "look" has gotten very monotone as games have gotten bigger.  

i don't like vin diesel and for me personally i can't stand the look of the game because of him. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

eh. because that's what games are these days.  the "look" has gotten very monotone as games have gotten bigger.  
I am mostly wondering why the show looks so bad.  The game looks pretty much how one would expect in 2020.  

The TV show looks not as good.  It looks very reminiscent of late 1990's/early 2000's cartoons.

i don't like vin diesel and for me personally i can't stand the look of the game because of him.
I don't care about vin diesel.  I do find it odd that they opted to shove a real life person into the game. Not even in a "we are matching the model to the voice actor" way, but literally "this is Vin Diesel in our game".

Dr. Pezus

Watching now. Wow, Lair is back

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

L4d3?
Essentially, they're the L4D & L4D2 dev team.

Dr. Pezus

Somehow looks worse though but they have half a year.

Xevross

Dec 21, 2020, 07:07 PM Last Edit: Dec 21, 2020, 07:09 PM by Xevross
IGN's GOTY is Hades. IGN people's choice goes to TLOU2.

And that will be Hades' 15th GOTY award on GAME OF THE YEAR PICKS BLOG making it semi-officially the most awarded indie game of all time, and we're only ~1/5 through the normal amount of awards that get counted. Gamesradar also just gave it to Hades, so that's 16.

TLOU2 leads the way on 28.

Go Up