The Game Awards 2020 discussion and live thread

Started by Legend, Nov 28, 2020, 06:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

Some would say this was inevitable.
as much as i like christopher nolan, brie larson, and especially gal gadot,..  i just feel like they don't belong at the VGAs.   keeanu reeves makes total sense because he is featured in a game that just released.  

https://www.resetera.com/threads/christopher-nolan-will-be-a-presenter-at-the-game-awards.340708/page-4#post-53498125

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

as much as i like christopher nolan, brie larson, and especially gal gadot,..  i just feel like they don't belong at the VGAs.   keeanu reeves makes total sense because he is featured in a game that just released.  

https://www.resetera.com/threads/christopher-nolan-will-be-a-presenter-at-the-game-awards.340708/page-4#post-53498125
Always a bit odd having the games industry fawn over the film industry. I think we need to do more to promote game devs.

kitler53

Always a bit odd having the games industry fawn over the film industry. I think we need to do more to promote game devs.
i think christopher nolan irks me in particular.   brie larson and gal gadot might be hollywood types but they are major celebrities from a comic book movie franchise that has a lot of fan overlap with video games.

but christopher nolan?  despite making popular movies he's not really a celebrity himself.   i'd bet if i showed a picture of his face to 2,000 random people at least half wouldn't have a clue who he is.  hell, i'm a big fan of his movies and i'd probably get it wrong too if asked out of context.  i swear to god that for the audience watching the VGA's more people would identify neil drunkman.   him and other influential games makers should be highlighted more and long before christopher nolan...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

as much as i like christopher nolan, brie larson, and especially gal gadot,..  i just feel like they don't belong at the VGAs.   keeanu reeves makes total sense because he is featured in a game that just released. 

Well Brie Larson and Christopher Nolan are pretty big gamers, Brie has tweeted a lot about Switch and AC this year for instance.

I say why not, its fun. The games industry doesn't have stars like that due to the nature of it, and it boosts the prestige of the event.

And this isn't replacing devs, there'll still be plenty of devs and industry peeps getting the spotlight.

Xevross

Hades won 2 more awards, now only 2 behind TLOU2.

Legend

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Weird timing for Europe

Legend

Prepreshow is live. Head of xbox and amd doing a joint talk about things with a head of EA.

Xevross

FF7 Remake wins best score

Legend

Devolver just hosted goty 2021. Loop Hero won, and was subsequently announced haha.

Xevross

Xevross

And I don't even play their games

Xevross

TLOU2 wins best action/adventure. Which they just said the winner of this often goes on to win overall GOTY. However TLOU2's main competition is Hades and its not action/adventure, so maybe not this year

Go Up