The Game Awards 2020 discussion and live thread

Started by Legend, Nov 28, 2020, 06:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

Tom Holland, Gal Gadot and Brie Larson announced as presenters so far, becoming quite a star-studded lineup.

Ghost, Spidey, Hades, TLOU2, Among Us, DoomE, FF7R, ACNH, Demon's and Ori progress to round 2 of the player's voice (in that order).
i love gal godot.

a good set of games to go to the second round.  sony has 4/10 titles which is pretty amazing.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i love gal godot.

a good set of games to go to the second round.  sony has 4/10 titles which is pretty amazing.

5 if you count FF7R but I don't know how involved Sony was. Haven't played it yet.

I lowkey hope we get some switch hardware news.

kitler53

5 if you count FF7R but I don't know how involved Sony was. Haven't played it yet.

I lowkey hope we get some switch hardware news.
depends on if you are counting playstation studios or hardware I suppose.  I was counting studios but hardware has its merits as well. 

I would be into a switch pro if it played the existing library at a decent resolution. I could not care less about mobility and hate that so much of my money would be wasted on a pointless screen and form factor and I don't even get 1 useable controller. 

Xevross

TLOU2, Hades, Ghost, DoomE and Spidey MM advance to the final round of players voice Player's Voice | Brackets | The Game Awards

So far in the final round TLOU2 and Ghost are way ahead of the rest:

TLOU2 40%
Ghost 33%
Hades 14%
DoomE 9%
Spidey 5%

I guess its not too unexpected, this is heavily influenced by number of people who played the game and Hades just isn't big enough.

Legend

I would have expected ghost to act as a spoiler for tlou2. Guess that isn't happening or both had a huge amount of fans.

Xevross

I would have expected ghost to act as a spoiler for tlou2. Guess that isn't happening or both had a huge amount of fans.
A lot of the TLOU2 haters have been rallying around Ghost all year, wouldn't surprise me if that's the reason its in second place right now. But way more people love TLOU2 than hate it, so I would never expect Ghost to win.

BananaKing

Im still playing ghost, its fantastic. But its no GoW class type of game. So im suprised to see it doing so well. But then again, its rather good.

Xevross

Im still playing ghost, its fantastic. But its no GoW class type of game. So im suprised to see it doing so well. But then again, its rather good.
Yeah it deserves to be in the top 5 for sure, but you're right its just not quite on that level of TLOU2 and GOW

Xevross

Looks like Ghost is going to win, now has a 9% lead over TLOU2. I guess the combo of the anti-TLOU2 rally and Ghost being an amazing game that would get lots of votes anyway is a winner.

kitler53

Looks like Ghost is going to win, now has a 9% lead over TLOU2. I guess the combo of the anti-TLOU2 rally and Ghost being an amazing game that would get lots of votes anyway is a winner.
not a bad thing for sony.   TLoU is already really well known.   GoT is doing well but the extra attention could benefit sales.

Xevross

I guess this thread can convert to the general GOTY awards season thread as well? Not much point making multiple. Here's the winners so far from GOTY picks tracker GAME OF THE YEAR PICKS BLOG

TLOU2 - 9
Hades - 5
FF7R - 1

Here's all the indie winners ever tracked by the site (list made by BrickArts on Era):

• Disco Elysium - 15 (USGamer GOTY Winner)
  • INSIDE - 12 (TGA GOTY Nominee)
  • Gone Home - 10
  • Outer Wilds - 9 (BAFTA, Polygon, Giant Bomb, Eurogamer & EDGE GOTY Winner)
  • Undertale - 8
  • Celeste - 7 (TGA GOTY Nominee & Ars Technica GOTY Winner)
  • Rocket League - 7 (Ars Technica GOTY Winner)
  • The Witness - 7 (Time GOTY Winner)
  • Untitled Goose Game - 5 (DICE & GDC GOTY Winner)
  • Papers, Please - 5
  • Kentucky Route Zero - Act III - 5
  • Hades - 3 (TGA GOTY Nominee & Time GOTY Winner)
  • The Stanley Parable - 3
  • Her Story - 3
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 2
  • SUPERHOT - 2
  • Firewatch - 1
  • Night in the Woods - 1
  • What Remains of Edith Finch - 1 (BAFTA GOTY Winner)

Hades already won 2 more since he made this list, I think its going to fly to the top and set a big new record for an indie game. TLOU2 already looking very strong for being the overall big winner though.

Xevross

Ghost won the player's voice vote. The game is amazing and lots of people do love it. However, its a sour victory considering 4chan in the last 24 hours or so did their best to get everyone to vote for it so TLOU2 wouldn't win. Perhaps if the vote numbers weren't updated leave so a clear second place wasn't shown that wouldn't have happened, or if Neil hadn't provoked them all on twitter.

BananaKing

Ghost won the player's voice vote. The game is amazing and lots of people do love it. However, its a sour victory considering 4chan in the last 24 hours or so did their best to get everyone to vote for it so TLOU2 wouldn't win. Perhaps if the vote numbers weren't updated leave so a clear second place wasn't shown that wouldn't have happened, or if Neil hadn't provoked them all on twitter.
What did Neil do?

Xevross

What did Neil do?
Made a stupid tweet about voting TLOU2 so the haters are mad, later deleted it.

Xevross

Some would say this was inevitable.

Go Up