PS5 Showcase - 16th September 1PM PDT

Started by Xevross, Sep 12, 2020, 01:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

It's crazy how good Sony kept this under wraps.  

No leaks on the games on Wednesday.
This show announcement didn't really leak either.

DerNebel

It's crazy how good Sony kept this under wraps.  

No leaks on the games on Wednesday.
This show announcement didn't really leak either.
Well there's still 1 1/2 days for stuff to potentially leak.

kitler53

just happened to be on the ps blog and for a half second i was 100% certain this was a picture of an all grey/black ps5.   then i figured out its just shadowed.   i got my hope way too high for just a second.

that said i want to amend my prediction for wednesday's show...

...there have been some statements around ps5 being the most "customizable" console ever.   i think on wednesday that they might show off the customization options available at launch.   or maybe a special edition either for some launch units or for spiderman or ratchet.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Given how many people get tripped up by lighting, maybe PS5 has a dimmer switch in the back that gets connected to the room circuit. Want a gray/black PS5? Just set that option in the PS5 menu and wabam.

kitler53

Given how many people get tripped up by lighting, maybe PS5 has a dimmer switch in the back that gets connected to the room circuit. Want a gray/black PS5? Just set that option in the PS5 menu and wabam.
i hate you..

can we embedded slider images here?   let's see...  nope.

cooler when viewed from this site:  https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75140/crazy-spider-man-playstation-5-visuals-teased-by-insomniac-games/index.html

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

Xevross

Oh boy only a full day to go!
22 hours and I'll be spending a good chunk of that asleep!

Xevross

Getting close now! Still no leaks or even hints of anything, amazing really.

FF16 is looming but there's been no hint or anything from insiders about it actually being at the event.

the-pi-guy

Think there's a 95% chance I can watch this...  

Getting close now! Still no leaks or even hints of anything, amazing really.

FF16 is looming but there's been no hint or anything from insiders about it actually being at the event.
They've been a tight ship.
PS5 design
Spiderman PS5
PS5 DE
Even the PS5 specs, weren't known until announcement.  There weren't any insiders that pinned it down.  (the GitHub was close, and Matt said it didn't tell the whole story but that was pretty much it.)  

And a bunch of stuff they went out of their way to announce first.  

Even the FF bit, is mostly just a bunch of insiders arguing that it has to be coming this year.  

Legend

Good point about PS5 digital edition. That came completely out of left field with essentially zero teases or expectations.

Wonder if today we will have something similar. Something that really shakes up how next gen will go. PSASBR2, Knack 4, Uncharted 5, etc. would all be megatons but what about a reveal that is outside the box?

Xevross

There's a rumour going round from a French retailer that French people seem to think is legit:

399/499
Pre-orders start tomorrow
Spidey, Demon's Souls, Sackboy & Destruction All-Stars launch games (some say the rumour is just meaning these  are available to pre-order straight away but its implied that's because they're launch titles)

I guess we'll see. Its probably not real but not far from the truth either. If we had those four games + astro all for launch that would be a god tier lineup for first party exclusives.

Good point about PS5 digital edition. That came completely out of left field with essentially zero teases or expectations.

Wonder if today we will have something similar. Something that really shakes up how next gen will go. PSASBR2, Knack 4, Uncharted 5, etc. would all be megatons but what about a reveal that is outside the box?
Yeah we could get some new hype game announcements but a random reveal that's totally unexpected... idk. Feels like a lot to fit into 40 minutes.

Also worth noting the official twitter for the retailer denied the above rumour but I don't think that tells us anything really.

the-pi-guy

I still think it was incredible.
Absolutely no one expected Sony to pull out a second model.  (It helps a lot the models are nearly identical). But still no one was talking about a lower cost model, and then there it was.  

DerNebel

the-pi-guy

I'm betting there will be one surprise no one expected.

I'd ask what you guys think it will be, but that would be impossible. For then it would be something expected.

Go Up