PS5 Showcase - 16th September 1PM PDT

Started by Xevross, Sep 12, 2020, 01:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Sep 12, 2020, 01:12 PM Last Edit: Sep 16, 2020, 07:17 PM by Xevross

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).
 Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.
 Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what's next for PS5.

DerNebel

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHH!!!!

Finally

the-pi-guy

I told you guys there was going to be a show.  8)

DerNebel

I told you guys there was going to be a show.  8)
Did anyone here believe it wouldn't be?

I know Grubb believed it would be blog posts and videos but he's yeah.... his reaction tweet to this is great btw....

Xevross

Did anyone here belive it wouldn't be?

I know Grubb believed it would be blog posts and videos but he's yeah.... his reaction tweet to this is great btw....
Yeah it was common sense to think there'd be an event.

Legend

Oh boy here we go! Funky announcing this over the weekend.

Xevross

Alright, predictions time:

Boot up UI, quick look around and launch into game to show speed
Spidey MM extended gameplay demo
Demon's Souls is a launch title and gameplay demo
Montage/ reel of previously announced PS studios games, reminder of Astro being installed on every PS5.
Select third parties, timed exclusives announced (e.g. possibly Starfield). I think we'll see at least 5 games here, one specifically is FF16 announced, timed exclusive
One new PS studios game announced (most likely from Japan Studio - Silent Hill if it exists)
Closing/ recap montage of lots of PS5 games
Price & date Reveal - 399/499, Nov. 20th

Possibilities:

Destruction All-Stars if its ready could be announced as a launch title too and the first PS+ title for PS5, Sackboy could possibly do this as well. This is more of a hope though, not predicting it.
Horizon gameplay demo - I would have predicted this will be there if show was 1hr+. Could still be but leaning to no now.
TLOU2 multiplayer reveal - this will be like Warzone I think, F2P but inside TLOU2 to play it. Its announced if its ready soon but if there's some problems or its got bigger in scope it'll be missed. Could be a cross gen launch title, could be a while away. I'm not predicting it but I hope it will be there.

This event will be fairly light on new announcements but there should still be 2 or 3 good ones.
PS studios games that aren't launch will be left aside for now, Sony will have another show early next year or in December I think.

SWORDF1SH

What would be cool if they have all the games on the PS4 ready to play. Then they show off boot up time and how quick it is to load up each game.

Dr. Pezus

It sounds like it's game focused? What about the system itself lol?

Xevross

Its game focused but if it was games only they would have specified.

the-pi-guy

The price and release date are going to be there.

Dr. Pezus

kitler53

finally!!!

ideally for me this shows off the games by showing off the OS. 

think like how shue showed off the ps4 OS.  the screen is black the you see the ps5 load up screen and straight into a game play sequence of one of ps5s launch games. then they move to  a second game and a third game and so on for games ready at launch. have some easter eggs for things that need to be said but don't need the air time like having some specific games loaded on the system that highlight BC capabilities.  over to trailers for things "and beyond". end on a fantastic price of $399 and then pre-orders go live.

a few days after the games show have a ps blog post detailing the OS in more detail. 

...but I can't watch the show live.  literally just confirmed my dentist appointment for the exact same time minutes before seeing this.  oh well  :-\

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

finally!!!

ideally for me this shows off the games by showing off the OS.  

think like how shue showed off the ps4 OS.  the screen is black the you see the ps5 load up screen and straight into a game play sequence of one of ps5s launch games. then they move to  a second game and a third game and so on for games ready at launch. have some easter eggs for things that need to be said but don't need the air time like having some specific games loaded on the system that highlight BC capabilities.  over to trailers for things "and beyond". end on a fantastic price of $399 and then pre-orders go live.

a few days after the games show have a ps blog post detailing the OS in more detail.  

...but I can't watch the show live.  literally just confirmed my dentist appointment for the exact same time minutes before seeing this.  oh well  :-\
My dentist makes you watch netflix so they don't have to talk to you. If yours also has tvs, just ask to put it on lol.

the-pi-guy

I'm supposedv to be working at this time.

But i am already in my pajamas.

Go Up