Spiderman: Miles Morales bet on the metacritic

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 13, 2020, 10:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Oct 13, 2020, 10:19 PM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2020, 12:14 AM by the-pi-guy
Spiderman: Miles Morales

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction.

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

100:
99:

Xevross

Feeling pretty confident about this one

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

kitler53

Oct 14, 2020, 12:34 AM Last Edit: Oct 14, 2020, 01:41 PM by kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Did people just jump on the bandwagon or do you all actually think high 80s/ 90 for this? I would have thought most people are expecting low-mid 80s considering its lower in scope than the first game.

kitler53

Did people just jump on the bandwagon or do you all actually think high 80s/ 90 for this? I would have thought most people are expecting low-mid 80s considering its lower in scope than the first game.
the first game got an 87.   so far the previews have been glowing.  i think it will do better.  but you're probably right and I should shift my expectations down a bit.  there will undoubtedly be a troll review or 2.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I dont see this selling more or scoring more than the original. Though I expect 10+ million sales

Bet on meta

Legend

Gets a bump for next gen hype and lower price, unless it is really really short.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Rumours are reviews out today, this could land anywhere in the 80s I feel. Reviewers could mark it down for re-using the same map and being shorter, I'm definitely over-confident in my prediction but we'll see.

the-pi-guy

Rumours are reviews out today, this could land anywhere in the 80s I feel. Reviewers could mark it down for re-using the same map and being shorter, I'm definitely over-confident in my prediction but we'll see.
Yeah. This is why I'm rushing to get some things up.

Xevross

Yeah would be cheaty to change now but Metro posted their review early: Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 review - pretty spectacular | Metro News

8/10 score, which is better than their 7/10 for the first game. The review is super weird, but anyway they say its 8 hours long, which is disappointing. Its definitely reviewing worse than the first game with that, but I can't change my prediction now.

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

9/10 from EZA

85 meta from 23 reviews Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales for PlayStation 5 Reviews - Metacritic
A bit lower than the original it is then!

86 now with 34 reviews though