Financial Times Rumor: Nintendo targeting 18m Nintendo Switches in FY18

Started by the-pi-guy, May 30, 2017, 10:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Financial Times Rumour: Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch units in FY18 - NeoGAF

Originally Posted by Financial Times

Nintendo has ordered a production increase of its Switch gaming console as global stocks fail to meet demand and disappointed fans scramble to secure machines through an informal online market in “Switch futures”, say people close to the company.
 The planned production hike for the console is designed to meet demand ahead of the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales peak in late autumn, and has been ordered just weeks after Nintendo declared the $300-priced Switch to be its fastest-selling gaming device.People involved in Nintendo’s hardware supply chain say the Kyoto-based games maker is now targeting Switch hardware production of 18m units for the 12 months ending March 2018.

Notice the slightly dichotomy between shipped and producer,  although the gap shouldn't be large bar some sales disaster.
 Source: https://amp.ft.com/content/7edcebea-...6-896b95f30f58
 Here's hoping Japan gets a good deal of those in time for the summer onslaught.
 For reference:
Originally Posted by Ars Technica

But Nintendo seems bullish on the system's prospects going forward, expecting to sell an additional 10 million units in the next 12 months. That would make the Switch's first 13 months about as successful as the entire four-year run of the Wii U on a hardware sales basis. Nintendo's official sales expectations come a month after a report that the company was planning on doubling its expected Switch production from 8 million units to 16 million units annually.

Edit: Title is too long, should say 'FY18' at the end. Could a mod replace the thread title with the new title I've made? Thanks m0dus!

Legend

That's a lot. I really hope Nintendo can buck the trend and sell a lot this gen. Stop Wii from looking like an outlier.

nnodley

That's a lot. I really hope Nintendo can buck the trend and sell a lot this gen. Stop Wii from looking like an outlier.
Same, plus I want better support than what wii u got.  i don't want to go through knowing I made a mistake buying it.  First year looks great so far with software, just hope the next few are good.