Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Xevross, Oct 26, 2018, 08:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Welp, bought it!  Not sure I'll be able to play tonight since I have to go to bed early for work tomorrow.  Probably will play a bit when I get home tomorrow.

the-pi-guy

shame a brick! Story is getting really good.
Xev playing rdr:
8/10
7/10
9/10
15/10
11/10

Xevross

Oct 30, 2018, 01:30 AM Last Edit: Oct 30, 2018, 01:32 AM by Xevross
Xev playing rdr:
8/10
7/10
9/10
15/10
11/10
Lol basically, except its just been going up for me, not sure why you went with 15 then 11 :P

I'd say more like

At roughly 5 hour intervals, with 9.8 being what I felt during the intro section. I've already ruled out it matching BOTW on 10.0, it just has too many flaws for a perfect score. If the rest of the game keeps going super well though it could end up a 9.8 or 9.9 for me. We'll see...

the-pi-guy

Lol basically, except its just been going up for me, not sure why you went with 15 then 11 :P
Not because you thought the game got worse, but because you realized a 15/10 was ludicrous and thought to tone it down a speck. 

Only a speck mind you. 

Unrelated, but this reminded me. 
Something that ive thought about is having a machine to sense your brain, to see how much one enjoys something.  Maybe it'd make reviews more objective! 

Xevross

Letting cinematic camera take me to a waypoint. Horse crashes into someone else, the guy starts shooting me, I shoot back to defend myself and of course wanted for assault, I escape but get a bounty which I have to pay off.

I don't get how anyone can say this is a perfect game when shame like this happens, and its not very uncommon. It doesn't detract too much, but its still an annoying flaw.

DD_Bwest

ive been enjoying it.  Lots of laughable moments.

my honor is falling like a rock but im laughing my dang dog off, I found a lady being kidnapped, so i killed the dude,  then without even untieing her, put her on my horse and took her back to the camp.  THe game woulnt let me bring her in so she ran and became a witness,  So i had to chase her down and kill her lol

i wanted to donate her to the camp lol

Xevross

ive been enjoying it.  Lots of laughable moments.

my honor is falling like a rock but im laughing my dang dog off, I found a lady being kidnapped, so i killed the dude,  then without even untieing her, put her on my horse and took her back to the camp.  THe game woulnt let me bring her in so she ran and became a witness,  So i had to chase her down and kill her lol

i wanted to donate her to the camp lol
My honour is almost at the max. I just don't play games like that, prefer to be the good guy when I can.

DD_Bwest

My honour is almost at the max. I just don't play games like that, prefer to be the good guy when I can.
i was going that route at first, but after accidentally killing a few people i opted to just go nuts and see what i can get away with lol

Xevross

i was going that route at first, but after accidentally killing a few people i opted to just go nuts and see what i can get away with lol
I'm definitely going to be doing that online.

Xevross

Story is going places I did not expect it to go. And I'm fudgy loving it.

Xevross

Oct 31, 2018, 09:53 PM Last Edit: Oct 31, 2018, 10:05 PM by Xevross

After 6 or 7 hours I'm getting pretty certain reviewers have gone R* crazy again and this just isn't a 97.

Edit: I still think its an amazing game it just has a lot of flaws and I can't believe so many reviewers just overlooked them and gave 10s
You silly boy! Wait until you've finished the story until you make claims like these!

the-pi-guy

You silly boy! Wait until you've finished the story until you make claims like these!
It good?

Xevross

It good?
Story is brilliant, and my annoyances with the game have pretty much faded into non-existence now I've spent plenty of time with the game. Every now and then something annoying happens but its getting less frequent.

Kerotan

Letting cinematic camera take me to a waypoint. Horse crashes into someone else, the guy starts shooting me, I shoot back to defend myself and of course wanted for assault, I escape but get a bounty which I have to pay off.

I don't get how anyone can say this is a perfect game when spooky like this happens, and its not very uncommon. It doesn't detract too much, but its still an annoying flaw.
Change the camera settings for the horse?

Xevross

Change the camera settings for the horse?
Cinematic camera is basically the auto-follow road feature of this game. You hold touchpad to turn it on and while you're in cinematic camera mode your horse automatically takes you to your waypoint, while you have no control over it at all. Problem is its pathfinding is a bit spooky and it crashes into stuff quite a lot, you'd think R* would have worked on that a bit more.

Go Up