XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Just like yearly cods and yearly fifa's i don't know how people get hyper for annual racing games. 1 every three years is enough for me.

Horizon 4 looks good and I'm sure it will sell well but I'm not feeling the mainstream hype. The uk is this games biggest market and currently on the uk amazon site its only ranking #8 beside tomb raider although there are some big sellers ahead of it like the playstation classic and spiderman, fifa etc.

Maybe because forza is annual most people wait to get it on sale or will use game pass. Looking forward to seeing that pal charts.
For me its because there's nowhere near enough racing games coming out. The arcade/ sim hybrid style of racing games is probably my favourite kind of game to play. Games like Forza, Driveclub, the annual f1 games and a few others fit in it but there isn't many. Some like The Crew/ NFS are too arcadey for me and some like Asseto Corsa are too much of a sim. So I'm pumped for any new game that comes out which fits the bill

Forza has never had big pre-orders apparently, but this is tracking to have the best yet. The franchise's real strength is its legs, which will be very important.

Legend

First I've heard about Xbox Experience. I wonder if it'll be big and a copy of Playstation Experience like the name implies or if it'll have very few announcements.

Road to XO - What are your expectations? | ResetEra

I couldn't find any thread about it, if it has been already done just delete it
 What are your expectations for the Xbox Experience?
 If you don't know what is it, essentially it's a kinda of a Nintendo Direct, hosted by Microsoft
 It was announced by Phil Spencer in the last episode of Inside Xbox and it will be held in New Mexico City on November the 11th
 As for me, since there will be Phil Spencer, it's got to be something big
 Rumours suggest that Microsoft could announce new acquisition (Obsidian, MDHR, Remedy...) and maybe a glance of the new OW by Playground Games
 "Not only will Playground Games continue to work on Forza Horizon 4... They are bringing their open world expertise to an entirely new project, we can't wait to share about that later"
 -Phil Spencer, in E3 2018  

Xevross

First I've heard about Xbox Experience. I wonder if it'll be big and a copy of Playstation Experience like the name implies or if it'll have very few announcements.

Road to XO - What are your expectations? | ResetEra
You completely missed it? Well I guess there hasn't been much said about it.

Legend

You completely missed it? Well I guess there hasn't been much said about it.
I pretty much only read this forum and a lot of news isn't posted here  :P

Legend

Crackdown 3 campaign and multiplayer seem to have been split into seperate things. I wonder if the mp is going free to play.

Xevross

Crackdown 3 campaign and multiplayer seem to have been split into seperate things. I wonder if the mp is going free to play.
God who splits up their games like that??? Only idiots, that's who! 8)

Legend

God who splits up their games like that??? Only idiots, that's who! 8)
Hey!

The biggest idiot is the guy that thought adding an unrelated multiplayer mode was a smart idea.

Kerotan

What is the xbox line up looking like next year? It's been utter shame the last few including this year. Are they going to be let off the hook for another year?

Crackdown 3 and gears for 2019? C3 will likely be poor and I don't expect yet another gears to be anything special.

Towards the end of last gen Sony won back so much good will by releasing good exclusives before heading into the ps4. Are Microsoft really going to finish the gen how they started it and expect to do better next gen?

And if they're banking on a cheap steaming box saving them what's to stop Sony launching a $100 PS5 for PS NOW. Which will have over 1000 games by then. It's also much bigger and has far higher potential to grow and become the Netflix of gaming. Not to mention as a MS fan you'll be much better off on pc and playing their games there.

Unless they seriously get their act together in terms of games their next offering will bomb.

Legend

What is the xbox line up looking like next year? It's been utter shame the last few including this year. Are they going to be let off the hook for another year?

Crackdown 3 and gears for 2019? C3 will likely be poor and I don't expect yet another gears to be anything special.

Towards the end of last gen Sony won back so much good will by releasing good exclusives before heading into the ps4. Are Microsoft really going to finish the gen how they started it and expect to do better next gen?

And if they're banking on a cheap steaming box saving them what's to stop Sony launching a $100 PS5 for PS NOW. Which will have over 1000 games by then. It's also much bigger and has far higher potential to grow and become the Netflix of gaming. Not to mention as a MS fan you'll be much better off on pc and playing their games there.

Unless they seriously get their act together in terms of games their next offering will bomb.
Switch showed that it's ok to dump a system and focus on next gen. I doubt MS is going to try to push 2019 or 2020 as really good xb1 software years.

Xevross

They've bought 5 or 6 new studios this year, right? People know that, they've made that very publicly clear. Their lineup has been poor but its going to get better. Plus they have a new Halo coming at some point.

I don't get why you're saying "let off the hook", what do you even mean by that? There's not some prosecution service that comes after you if you don't put enough games out. People speak with their wallets, and MS sell what they sell. If they don't put enough games out then they're the ones losing money, they're not offending anyone or committing a crime by doing so.

I also think you're underestimating Gears, it could be a brilliant game. Just because its the fifth in the series doesn't mean it has to be bad, they've taken their time with this one. No matter the quality of it, its still going to be a very popular game anyway.

Xbox is fine and only getting stronger right now, unless they completely fudge up the launch again then their next gen console will sell very well.

Kerotan

They've bought 5 or 6 new studios this year, right? People know that, they've made that very publicly clear. Their lineup has been poor but its going to get better. Plus they have a new Halo coming at some point.

I don't get why you're saying "let off the hook", what do you even mean by that? There's not some prosecution service that comes after you if you don't put enough games out. People speak with their wallets, and MS sell what they sell. If they don't put enough games out then they're the ones losing money, they're not offending anyone or committing a crime by doing so.

I also think you're underestimating Gears, it could be a brilliant game. Just because its the fifth in the series doesn't mean it has to be bad, they've taken their time with this one. No matter the quality of it, its still going to be a very popular game anyway.

Xbox is fine and only getting stronger right now, unless they completely fudge up the launch again then their next gen console will sell very well.
I just don't see how they're getting stronger when they're being outsold by so much every week. Like 3/4:1. If anything they're becoming less relevant by the month.

Maybe their overall xbox brand will be okay but the rate they're going i can't see their next console improving on sales whatsoever. Especially if they keep pushing the pc side. They'll lose even more console sales to the pc side. And while it will have gamepass you don't need XBL on the pc so that move ultimately hurts them.

Their mindshare across Europe and Asia was decimated this gen. I can't see them doing reasonable anywhere except NA.

I just know that if Sony or Nintendo had such a shame output of 1st party there would be constant uproar online. But maybe MS are so irrelevant now that most don't even think about them so the uproar mostly alludes them.

And they've bought a few new studios. Who's to say a new wave of crud or canned games doesn't follow? Who's to say some don't get shut down if the next xbox sells even shitter then this one. I just don't get this blind optimism a small section online have in MS. Well i do actually. It's the PR of Phil Spencer doing it's job.

Dr. Pezus

I actually think gears 5 might end up very good!

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Kerotan

no bigger innovation then having ms's first party make playstation exclusives.
That's actually hilarious.

Go Up