Sony is skipping E3 2019

Started by Legend, Nov 15, 2018, 10:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

BananaKing

They basically blew their load in 2015 and 2016. Those years for announcements were insane. Anyways most who were up to date on Sony's first party and second party situation knew they probably had little or nothing for E3 2019. However their exclusive output will still be strong so it isn't that big of an issue

Xevross

fudge are they doing. They definitely went too far in 15 and 16 and announced all their games way too early. They should at least half a conference for 3rd parties like MS does. Really dropping the ball before next gen.

Legend

fudge are they doing. They definitely went too far in 15 and 16 and announced all their games way too early. They should at least half a conference for 3rd parties like MS does. Really dropping the ball before next gen.
Gopher's post about e3 all those years ago was way too true.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET | Page 8 | NeoGAF

DerNebel

Conferences for 3rd parties, when 3rd parties are going to be looking to market their next gen games, while you don't want to talk about next gen hardware, seems pretty counter intuitive. Plus I don't know when people started championing 3rd party multiplat announcements at first party conferences, I distinctly remember people absolutely hating that stuff, so when did that change?

Dr. Pezus

I'm guessing sony will have the ps5 announcement soon after that anyway

the-pi-guy

So this guy apparently predicted this, yesterday:
Sony is not going to appear in E3 next year, Official Announcement tomorrow : PS4

Sony is not going to appear in E3 next year, Official Announcement tomorrow
And he's claiming some PSVR 2 info.

Legend

I actually really like the breaker box lol. It fits so perfectly in my setup. Headset is unplugged when not in use.

SWORDF1SH

I actually support this. E3 is just a sucker measuring contest and decent announcements gets lost in our obsession in comparing the big 3 performances against each other.

kissana

Nov 18, 2018, 02:14 AM Last Edit: Nov 18, 2018, 02:27 AM by the-pi-guy Reason: removed link
They basically blew their load in 2015 and 2016. Those years for announcements were insane. Anyways most who were up to date on Sony's first party and second party situation knew they probably had little or nothing for E3 2019.

Cute Pikachu

Well that's a shame.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

nnodley

So this guy apparently predicted this, yesterday:
Sony is not going to appear in E3 next year, Official Announcement tomorrow : PS4

And he's claiming some PSVR 2 info.

Biggest thing is him saying ps5 is $500.  If true I'm not sure how people are gonna react.  It better be powerful as fudge at that price.

I'm down for $500 as long as it's powerful and they don't fudge up their messaging.

darkknightkryta

If they plan to cut off the ps4 vanilla and have the ps5 be the equivalent of a Ps4 Pro Pro. 500 won't kill them.

kitler53

If they plan to cut off the ps4 vanilla and have the ps5 be the equivalent of a Ps4 Pro Pro. 500 won't kill them.
i generally agree but this has to be marketed well.  

first off the ps5 needs to be 100% backwards compatible. second there needs to be a year or so of cross gen support.  fianlly exclusives need to start showing up in year two or so timed with a price drop to a more standard console price. 

basically a move to what phones are doing.  soft gens with two hardware cycles of full support. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens