Pokemon Let's Go: bet on the metacritic 81 and 81

Started by Legend, Nov 07, 2018, 04:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Both 82 now. I'm too good!
The chances of you winning now are really really high.

Dr. Pezus

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Nov 15, 2018, 05:09 PM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2018, 05:19 PM by Xevross
Both pikachu and eevee have a huge 100+ base stat buff (pikachu goes from 320 to 430, eevee from 325 to 435) and they also have perfect 31 IVs across the board. The average base stat is 425 by the way, so both have gone from being well below average to above average pokemon.

So Eevee is OP because, on top of this, she can learn a power 90, pp 15 move of each type of its eeveelutions. So effectively, it can be able to one-shot almost every pokemon it comes across. Pikachu gets four new moves meanwhile, two that roughly match thunderbolt in power and two which are different types of moves. So no real buff for pikachu in that regard.

Some quick maff: regular pikachu with average IV and 0 EVs would have 111 HP, 76 attack, 61 defense, 111 speed at level 50, while this pikachu will have 136 HP, 116 attack, 86 defense, 156 speed. Those are all pretty big increases in power.

the-pi-guy

I hold that Kyogre was OP in sapphire.  
He could learn water attacks, lightning attacks, ground attacks, and there was something else that was good.  

Xevross

Nov 15, 2018, 05:21 PM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2018, 05:27 PM by Xevross
Oh I also missed that pikachu also gains an attack called zippy zap, with priority 2 (extreme speed), 50 power (so fairly weak but with stab will still be very power) and a 100% crit chance (so it is super powerful) and it gets this early in the game. Apparently its a win button, basically. Well then. Critical hits do 1.5-1.95x damage based on pokemon level (increases according to formula (2xLevel +5)/(Level + 5). So at level 20, apparently roughly when you get this move, its power is already effectively 90 and it always hits first. Jesus.

And I also didn't mention that Eevee's OP moves have a 100% status chance, i.e. the fire move always burns, the electric always paralyzes.

I hold that Kyogre was OP in sapphire. 
He could learn water attacks, lightning attacks, ground attacks, and there was something else that was good. 
A lot of strong pokemon, especially legendaries, can learn moves of all sorts of types, but a weak normal type pokemon being able to do it is kind of odd.

Xevross

here are the new move descriptions:

Zippy Zap (50 power, 100 acc)
The user attacks the target with bursts of electricity at high speed. This move always goes first and results in a critical hit.
Splishy Splash (90 power, 100 acc)
The user charges a huge wave with electricity and hits the opposing Pokémon with the wave. This may also leave the opposing Pokémon with paralysis.
Floaty Fall (90 power, 95 acc)
The user floats in the air, and then dives at a steep angle to attack the target. This may also make the target flinch.
Pika Papow
The more Pikachu loves its Trainer, the greater the move's power. It never misses.

Bouncy Bubble (all of these are 90 power 100 acc)
The user attacks by shooting water bubbles at the target. It then absorbs water and restores its HP by half the damage taken by the target.
Buzzy Buzz
The user shoots a jolt of electricity to attack the target. This also leaves the target with paralysis.
Sizzly Slide
The user cloaks itself in fire and charges at the target. This also leaves the target with a burn.
Glitzy Glow
The user bombards the target with telekinetic force. A wondrous wall of light is put up to weaken the power of the opposing Pokémon's special moves.
Baddy Bad
The user acts bad and attacks the target. A wondrous wall of light is put up to weaken the power of the opposing Pokémon's physical moves.
Sappy Seed
The user grows a gigantic stalk that scatters seeds to attack the target. The seeds drain the target's HP every turn.
Freezy Frost
The user attacks with a crystal made of cold frozen haze. It eliminates every stat change among all the Pokémon engaged in battle.
Sparkly Swirl
The user attacks the target by wrapping it with a whirlwind of an overpowering scent. This also heals all status conditions of the user's party.
Veevee Volley
The more Eevee loves its Trainer, the greater the move's power. It never misses.

Xevross

Yo but for real why can I not use two joy-cons to control this.

Legend

Yo but for real why can I not use two joy-cons to control this.
It's really weird that the game forces motion controls too. On the go you don't need to use them, but when docked they are mandatory.

Xevross

It's really weird that the game forces motion controls too. On the go you don't need to use them, but when docked they are mandatory.
Very odd indeed.

This game is ridiculously easy, pretty sure every trainer is weaker than usual as well.

Xevross

All this time waiting for a home console Pokemon and its so much better to play it in handheld mode. :'( :'(

the-pi-guy

All this time waiting for a home console Pokemon and its so much better to play it in handheld mode. :'( :'(
There's already good console Pokemon gamez

Xevross

There's already good console Pokemon gamez
*proper main series games

the-pi-guy

There are even better Pokemon games on the gamecube!  

Xevross

I never said there wasn't ::)

Go Up