VizionEck Cube Royale OT: the phantom game

Started by Legend, Mar 12, 2018, 11:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

I was out of town for a wedding and now I'm back to work.

Sorting out matchmaking right now and getting that cleaned up for regular use. Seems it's going to be pretty simple and have 3 basic options for playing. There will be the standard online mode that just searches for other people wanting to play a match and puts everyone together. Might be able to vote on the map or game mode, but the server is in charge. The second is the standard offline mode. You can setup the map however you want and just play locally. The third option is "hosting" your own online match. This allows you to set everything up like you want and then play with whoever you invite in a private match. Would work with LAN too.

*not a host in the P2P sense.
How dare you take time off!

I shall not let this happen again and now you have to work twice as hard to make up for lost time.
*cracks whip*

Legend

How dare you take time off!

I shall not let this happen again and now you have to work twice as hard to make up for lost time.
*cracks whip*
Double crunch time.

I guess sleeping is optional if you think about it.

SWORDF1SH

Double crunch time.

I guess sleeping is optional if you think about it.
Sleep isn't, and will never be, on the cards. Now get back to work.

Legend

Outside of saving it between sessions (and making it look less ugly in the menu), progression is set up. You can unlock maps, game modes, and game modifiers.

Unlocks cost 25 points, 100 points, or 500 points depending on how cool they are. They also can only be unlocked once you reach their required rank level. You can also spend 500 points to buy a DLC coin.

SWORDF1SH

Outside of saving it between sessions (and making it look less ugly in the menu), progression is set up. You can unlock maps, game modes, and game modifiers.

Unlocks cost 25 points, 100 points, or 500 points depending on how cool they are. They also can only be unlocked once you reach their required rank level. You can also spend 500 points to buy a DLC coin.
Anyway examples of what 500 xp would get you instead of 25? What's a DLC coin?

Legend

Anyway examples of what 500 xp would get you instead of 25? What's a DLC coin?
Mostly I imagine it'll be maps costing 500 xp, modes costing 100 xp, and modifiers costing 25 xp but there will be exceptions.

DLC coins are used to vote on what feature I should add to the game next. At any given moment there will be 5 potential features and the community unlocks them by playing the game.

Legend

Ok now I have the save system working for the profile and unlockables.

Works for each logged in user.

Kerotan

Is this likely to make it this year and if not will you port it to the ps5?

Legend

Is this likely to make it this year and if not will you port it to the ps5?
It should be this year. It'll be "finished" in a matter of weeks and then the rest is dependent on getting it shipped in the right way.

I don't plan to port Cube Royale to PS5 since hopefully it'll have BC. VizionEck Adventure could get a PS5 port since it'd be a lot closer to the PS5 launch.

Sasaka-4628

Nov 10, 2018, 09:37 AM Last Edit: Nov 10, 2018, 02:43 PM by Legend
want Adventure more, but bring on Cube deathmatches.

Mod-edt: link removed

Legend

VizionEck Cube Royale is now targeting a 2019 release.

This delay is primarily driven by the release process. Development has kept to schedule and is not taking longer than expected.

I apologize for the delay and hope you understand.

Given my track record with delays, I know you've grown tired of seeing a version of this post every year. I was very confident Cube Royale would release in 2018 so I won't just say that again for 2019. Instead, I'm treating the new date as exactly what it is: a target. The end is in sight and I've already started thinking about how to avoid so many delays for my next project, but for now Cube Royale continues to be unpredictable.

SWORDF1SH

VizionEck Cube Royale is now targeting a 2019 release.

This delay is primarily driven by the release process. Development has kept to schedule and is not taking longer than expected.

I apologize for the delay and hope you understand.

Given my track record with delays, I know you've grown tired of seeing a version of this post every year. I was very confident Cube Royale would release in 2018 so I won't just say that again for 2019. Instead, I'm treating the new date as exactly what it is: a target. The end is in sight and I've already started thinking about how to avoid so many delays for my next project, but for now Cube Royale continues to be unpredictable.
No need to apologise. I'm just glad you can see the end in sight.

Kerotan

Well I personally expect to read this same message next year pushing it to 2020. Time is running out this gen. Will this end up being a ps5 game too?

Legend

Well I personally expect to read this same message next year pushing it to 2020. Time is running out this gen. Will this end up being a ps5 game too?
Nah this isn't my ps5 game.

Kerotan

Nah this isn't my ps5 game.
Cross gen or would you release on ps4 after ps5 comes out?

Go Up