Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Apparently Venom is huge here in Iceland too. I wonder why it appeals so much to the casuals. Probably to do with Hardy and the cool look of Venom.

My brother said it was great but to be fair he says that about most films he sees in the cinema.

I'm just sad that Sony have failed in making Venom great in 2 movies now. Really just want Marvel's own take on him.

the-pi-guy

Has anyone seen Hercules and Xena?  The movie with the Titans

BananaKing

Holy shame. Venom made 111 in China during its debut. It's now up to 670 million, and it has "just" a 100 million production budget

Xevross

Holy shame. Venom made 111 in China during its debut. It's now up to 670 million, and it has "just" a 100 million production budget
Yeah it's done really well, general audiences like it a lot. The China opening is huge, second biggest CBM opening ever. Legs will be interesting.

Legend

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Pokemon look better than I expected.  
Can't watch the trailer right  now though.  

Dr. Pezus

Looks surprisingly good

Xevross

Venom is doing stupidly well in China, better second weekend than Infinity War! Legs are usually bad in China but venom has great legs. Might end up making more than Spider-Man Homecoming worldwide. Cray.

Xevross

Nov 22, 2018, 11:22 PM Last Edit: Nov 22, 2018, 11:30 PM by Xevross

The next potential $2B+ grosser!

Xevross

Nov 22, 2018, 11:33 PM Last Edit: Nov 22, 2018, 11:53 PM by Xevross
Just for fun, since The Lion King trailer is out, I'm gonna predict the BO gross of Disney's huge 5 films next year. I'm not expecting this to be anywhere close to accurate, not least because of varying exchange rates and stuff, but here goes:

The Lion King: $2.3B
Avengers 4: $1.9B
Toy Story 4: $1.4B
Episode IX: $1.3B
Frozen 2: $1.2B
Aladdin: $1.1B

That would be nuts, to be honest. Also TS4 above EP9 would be hilarious, I hope it happens.

Edit: somehow I forgot Frozen 2 is coming out! I would also say Captain Marvel has a decent shot at $1B too. Can you imagine 7 films grossing $1B from a single studio. Jesus. 4 is the record from Disney in 2016, so 5+ would be super impressive.

Dr. Pezus

Just for fun, since The Lion King trailer is out, I'm gonna predict the BO gross of Disney's huge 5 films next year. I'm not expecting this to be anywhere close to accurate, not least because of varying exchange rates and stuff, but here goes:

The Lion King: $2.3B
Avengers 4: $1.9B
Toy Story 4: $1.4B
Episode IX: $1.3B
Frozen 2: $1.2B
Aladdin: $1.1B

That would be nuts, to be honest. Also TS4 above EP9 would be hilarious, I hope it happens.

Edit: somehow I forgot Frozen 2 is coming out! I would also say Captain Marvel has a decent shot at $1B too. Can you imagine 7 films grossing $1B from a single studio. Jesus. 4 is the record from Disney in 2016, so 5+ would be super impressive.
I'd put frozen and Aladdin higher and lion king a bit lower

Xevross

Nov 23, 2018, 12:42 AM Last Edit: Nov 23, 2018, 12:43 AM by Xevross
Watching The Lion King because I haven't seen it in ages. fudgy love this film, although, who doesn't?

Go Up