Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Also I don't think it'll be close, I'm currently on the $1.1b opening train although that's still very tentative :D
1.1 is close.  /s   :D
That'd be crazy.
Automagically in the top 25 movies off all time.  

I'll probably see it on Sunday.  Depending on how things go.

Xevross

1.1 is close.  /s   :D
That'd be crazy.
Automagically in the top 25 movies off all time. 

I'll probably see it on Sunday.  Depending on how things go.
Yeah, I've been following presales cloesly so this madness has become almost normal to me, but reminding myself that the all time record is IW at $640m puts it all into context, it's ridiculous. Even then IW is a massive $100m above second place. Endgame could double the opening of every film except IW. The world's most hyped movie ever for sure.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Also definitely recommend rewatching as much as you can before you watch Endgame. Not just for a recap, but there's so many throwbacks and smaller moments you might miss if the other films aren't fresh in your mind.

Xevross

Apr 26, 2019, 12:00 AM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2019, 12:02 AM by Xevross
Dom presales estimate from an expert with some numbers on BOT:

$170,000,000

+65% TFA
+100% TLJ
+170% A:IW

Well presales are done, hopefully we get previews estimates shortly.

BananaKing

Please dont post spoilers

the-pi-guy

Yeah.  It's getting hard to avoid everything.   :(

*stares at Xev*  How dare he tell me how long something took!!!  

Xevross

Apr 26, 2019, 12:44 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2019, 02:25 PM by Xevross
Yeah I hate spoilers don't worry ;)

What little I said is not exactly accurate anyway.

Sounds like TFA's $57m thursday preview record is toast, although we're still waiting for exact confirmation. According to Deadline, Endgame made $43m when including shows up to 6pm PST, and obviously there's still a lot of time for more after that. We'll know in a few hours.

Endgame also broke TFA's opening day record in the UK, although we don't know by how much yet. TFA was £9.6m opening day, apparently Endgame is £11m+. Early legs are looking fantastic in Australia, South Korea, China and ... everywhere basically.

Edit: and there it is, official estimate is $60M Thursday previews for Endgame. Utter madness. Endgame needed $43m more than IW to reach $300M OW, and there's half of that on thursday alone. $305M overseas total from wednesday + thursday, holy crud! $365M from only Wed and Thu worldwide, would be the 18th best WW opening ever and we haven't even reached the weekend yet.

Xevross

Apr 26, 2019, 02:39 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2019, 02:44 PM by Xevross

$150.5M OS-C compared to $95M for Infinity War after 2 days, +58% holds for another day. Sweet Jesus.

Also UK opening is crazy, +85% on Infinity war in £ and easily smashes TFA's opening day record, £11.8M vs £9.6M (IW was £6.4M).

Another titbit: including presales for the rest of the day, Endgame already has a bigger Friday than Infinity War domestic (incl. previews) at $106M and climbing fast.

Xevross

Endgame just set the new all time OD record for domestic market ($119M), at 12:30pm EST!

Apparently if it matches TFA's walkups for the rest of the day then it'll land at over $150M opening day, which is just ... well...idk if there's words for that.

TFA was very weak for walkups, but Endgame has presold so well for the rest of the day that there's hardly any more seats for people to walk up and buy. So most likely will miss, the guy says $140-145m is the likely range (still absolutely fudgy unbelievable).

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Apr 26, 2019, 07:48 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2019, 07:54 PM by Xevross

Haha love it.

Deadline are estimating $315-330m weekend domestic, jesus lord. The record currently is $257m lest we forget. Disney themselves are now saying they project a weekend of roughly $300m, and they have always been cautious and underestimate their big movies' openings. Experts on BOT think China is going for $330m+, possibly as high as $350m. Previous record for hollywood movie opening was $201m. If Endgame lands on the high end of estimates for the weekend... Avatar's days at the top may be coming to an end.

BananaKing

Best. Gif. Ever

Dr. Pezus

Best. Gif. Ever
Will be a good one to use in the future lol

Xevross

Best. Gif. Ever
Santa Monica and their gif creations with Kratos and Atreus are amazing, I hope they keep making them  ;D

Go Up