The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

IGN's review of Borderlands VR got pulled.  

It got a low score because the reviewer didn't realize there were movement options. Despite the fact that the game literally tells you about it when you start .
IGN done iced up... Again

Xevross

Dec 18, 2018, 10:20 PM Last Edit: Dec 18, 2018, 11:01 PM by Xevross
Hades / the epic games store supports the dual shock 4 by default! Awesome, this is way better than steam already  ;D

the-pi-guy

Hades / the epic games store supports the dual shock 4 by default! Awesome, this is way better than steam already  ;D
Steam supports Dualshock 4, and has for a while.

Xevross

Steam supports Dualshock 4, and has for a while.
Yeah but most games still show you xbox button prompts even with a ds4 plugged in. Hades and I guess the Epic store in general actually realises I'm using a ds4 instead of pretending I'm using an xbox controller. Its a lot nicer seeing the correct buttons.

Legend

Yeah but most games still show you xbox button prompts even with a ds4 plugged in. Hades and I guess the Epic store in general actually realises I'm using a ds4 instead of pretending I'm using an xbox controller. Its a lot nicer seeing the correct buttons.
If you are talking about within the game, then that is up to developers.

the-pi-guy

Unless the Epic store basically has a requirement that it's implemented for every game or an API that basically switches it for the devs when it isn't implemented, then it's the same on Steam.  

Xevross

If you are talking about within the game, then that is up to developers.
So its the hades side of my / which I should be praising then, edited!

Unless the Epic store basically has a requirement that it's implemented for every game or an API that basically switches it for the devs when it isn't implemented, then it's the same on Steam. 
Yep, thanks supermassive!

It says early access but this game is polished way better than most already.

Xevross

Was just messaging Pi about problems with hades using my intel HD GPU instead of my 1060, but now I got it working and I can play!

Xevross

Really loving Hades so far. Its a fairly standard rogue-like in terms of gameplay, although I do love the diablo style combat of course. What it excels in is the story, which seems pretty unprecedented for the genre. The voice acting is all great, and dying actually feels good because you get to go back and find out a bit more of the story/ get more dialogue.

Need to play more!

Legend

Really loving Hades so far. Its a fairly standard rogue-like in terms of gameplay, although I do love the diablo style combat of course. What it excels in is the story, which seems pretty unprecedented for the genre. The voice acting is all great, and dying actually feels good because you get to go back and find out a bit more of the story/ get more dialogue.

Need to play more!
How is it compared to transistor?

Xevross

How is it compared to transistor?
I can't really remember that many details from Transistor, but it feels just as good. Transistor had the pausing and planning which was awesome, also you had the different builds you could create while here you don't have that and you've got to adapt builds on the go due to the rogue-like nature. Story seems on the same level so far.

I think overall quality is similar, but being different genres its hard to compare them much.

Xevross

Game of the year is such a close fight this year. God of War picked up Poylgon and IGN's awards today, after RDR2 got Gamespot. Running totals now from GAME OF THE YEAR PICKS BLOG are:

God of War - 37
RDR2 - 29
Every other game combined - 9

This is a battle of the titans and it might go right down to the wire!

BananaKing

I'm still playing RDR and it's just purely amazing. I can't get enough of it. As for GoW I'm getting it in Jan so if I'm done by RDR then I'll play it. Not sure if I'll play it right after RDR though. But I honestly don't know if GoW can beat RDR for me. Honestly RDR2 is putting a huge fight with The Witcher 3 as my favourite game of all time.

Xevross

I'm still playing RDR and it's just purely amazing. I can't get enough of it. As for GoW I'm getting it in Jan so if I'm done by RDR then I'll play it. Not sure if I'll play it right after RDR though. But I honestly don't know if GoW can beat RDR for me. Honestly RDR2 is putting a huge fight with The Witcher 3 as my favourite game of all time.
RDR2 is indeed amazing. I feel like if its flaws don't bother you then it will stand up there as the best of all time. For me, it gets brought down a bit but its still in my top 10. I said before I gave both GOW and RDR2 a 9.8/10. I love both of them so much, and this is the closest GOTY has ever been for me so its fun to see that being the case across the industry.

BananaKing

RDR2 is indeed amazing. I feel like if its flaws don't bother you then it will stand up there as the best of all time. For me, it gets brought down a bit but its still in my top 10. I said before I gave both GOW and RDR2 a 9.8/10. I love both of them so much, and this is the closest GOTY has ever been for me so its fun to see that being the case across the industry.
I think this is the closest GoTY in a while now. If GoW does get the overall win and have that consciousness of being GOTY then that can be a good boost got GoW and its future sales and legs. I feel the "game of the year" label does help games with their legs. Heck it's free advertising anyways.

Maybe this is the closest year since 2013 with TLoU Vs GTA 5

Go Up