The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tachikoma

My games coming along nicely  8)

Legend

Legend

Legend

darkknightkryta

Apr 12, 2018, 08:02 PM Last Edit: Apr 12, 2018, 08:06 PM by darkknightkryta
My games coming along nicely  8)
Didn't you stop making games?  

So I was thinking just now, because of that Kevin Pereira mention, is there no room for video game shows anymore?  Are they all on youtube and I just don't see them?  Like, in the 90s we had Electric Playground, Gamerz, Gamernation (These last two were probably Canadian only), then came Xplay and Attack of the Show.  Electric Playground went to trash once Rogers started funding them and then they got cut loose.  Xplay and Attack of the Show died a little before G4 died (Which I'm guessing died because execs took over the network and don't know what games or technology is).  Nothing really replaced them.  Electric Playground still puts out a Reviews on the Run every now and then on their website.  Adam Sessler had a meltdown after getting called out on his non-sense.  The rest of the hosts just kind of disappeared.  I feel I have less hype for games because I don't see games getting showcased properly anymore.

Legend

So I was thinking just now, because of that Kevin Pereira mention, is there no room for video game shows anymore?  Are they all on youtube and I just don't see them?  Like, in the 90s we had Electric Playground, Gamerz, Gamernation (These last two were probably Canadian only), then came Xplay and Attack of the Show.  Electric Playground went to trash once Rogers started funding them and then they got cut loose.  Xplay and Attack of the Show died a little before G4 died (Which I'm guessing died because execs took over the network and don't know what games or technology is).  Nothing really replaced them.  Electric Playground still puts out a Reviews on the Run every now and then on their website.  Adam Sessler had a meltdown after getting called out on his non-sense.  The rest of the hosts just kind of disappeared.  I feel I have less hype for games because I don't see games getting showcased properly anymore.
Disney XD has lots of gaming content on during the summer, but in general doesn't it make more sense to put it online? The internet has taken over for a lot of things traditionally on television so why wouldn't that happen for something like games?

darkknightkryta

Disney XD has lots of gaming content on during the summer, but in general doesn't it make more sense to put it online? The internet has taken over for a lot of things traditionally on television so why wouldn't that happen for something like games?
I will gladly watch a half hour game show online if it exists.  That Geoff show on Gametrailers was the last time I saw one.

Legend

I will gladly watch a half hour game show online if it exists.  That Geoff show on Gametrailers was the last time I saw one.
Well Kevin had one but  :P

Also Microsoft has their new Inside Xbox thing  ::)

darkknightkryta

Well Kevin had one but  :P

Also Microsoft has their new Inside Xbox thing  ::)
::)

Tachikoma

I stopped making games as a form of employment, yeah.
Putting stuff together solo, however.. let's just say it's a nice Switch of pace.

darkknightkryta

I stopped making games as a form of employment, yeah.
Putting stuff together solo, however.. let's just say it's a nice Switch of pace.

That reminds me of that Lucas Soft game they made for the snes.  Looks good.  

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Apr 14, 2018, 02:54 PM Last Edit: Apr 14, 2018, 03:11 PM by the-pi-guy

Or you could make a thread.

Oh well.

Dr. Pezus

BananaKing

Assassin's creed origins is fantastic. I'm absolutely loving it.

If this was a Sony, Microsoft, nintendo or bathesda game it would have scored much higher

Go Up