Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Speaking of Avatar

3 in 2023
4 in 2025
5 in 2027

Reworked now that Disney is in charge. Star Wars movie every non Avatar year. 4 and 5 are in production now too.

Avatar 2 Delayed Again As All Sequels Get New Release Dates - GameSpot

Xevross

May 11, 2019, 04:04 PM Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 04:08 PM by Xevross
Speaking of Avatar

3 in 2023
4 in 2025
5 in 2027

Reworked now that Disney is in charge. Star Wars movie every non Avatar year. 4 and 5 are in production now too.

Avatar 2 Delayed Again As All Sequels Get New Release Dates - GameSpot
Yep, very interesting release schedule.

Endgame $16.06M friday, barely above IW (only 80k). Lets hope for a big satursday jump, if not then just matching IW is the best it could possibly do.

the-pi-guy

Seems like either IW will be it's new base line or it'll start falling below it.  

Hopefully the former.  

BananaKing

When you say reworked, does that mean the filmed and scripts themselfs are changing? Or just the release and production dates?

Legend

When you say reworked, does that mean the filmed and scripts themselfs are changing? Or just the release and production dates?
Just production. Disney might push for changes or they might let them do their thing. Don't know about that one yet.

I kinda love that Disney wants Avatar to be a huge franchise like Marvel or Star Wars but I also kinda worry they could go too extreme with it.

Xevross

Endgame $63.05M dom weekend (vs $62.08M Infinity War). $94M overseas estimate, or $76M OS-C (vs $70M vs IW). Well, just about beat IW this weekend and now Endgame needs to keep doing that for the rest of the run if it wants to get past Avatar.

the-pi-guy

Exactly as expected for dom.  8)

Xevross

May 12, 2019, 04:56 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 04:59 PM by Xevross
Exactly as expected for dom.  8)
:P well these are early estimates of course. Dom should be about right but overseas is almost always underestimated. Hopefully we get a few million more. Legs need to at least match IW which got hit hard by Deadpool 2 in the coming week, so lets see if Endgame can stay ahead with basically no competiton.

the-pi-guy

If all goes well, I'd guess it'd make another $100 m domestically.  

If it were to make it to number 1 worldwide, it seems like it'll be a slow crawl from here.  
But I'm not sure if it'll make it there.  

Xevross

May 14, 2019, 08:54 AM Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:57 AM by Xevross
If all goes well, I'd guess it'd make another $100 m domestically. 

If it were to make it to number 1 worldwide, it seems like it'll be a slow crawl from here. 
But I'm not sure if it'll make it there. 
Well Monday is looking like $4.9M apparently which would be about the same drop as IW. Last week its monday drop was better than IW but then dropped worse throughout the week, so lets hope it stabalises now. Its got $120m+ more to make it domestically if it stays above IW.

At least actuals for the weekend went up by about $4m. So OS-C was more like $79m compared to IW's $70m weekend, which is a nice lead to have and hopefully it holds as IW got hit hard by deadpool 2 in the coming week.

Xevross

So detective Pikachu is really great, so much better than I was expecting. Me and my friends loved it.

Legend

So detective Pikachu is really great, so much better than I was expecting. Me and my friends loved it.
Yeah I thought it was fun too.

Xevross

IW dom week: mon 4.6m, Tue 6.0m, Wed 4.2m, Thur 3.4m
EG dom week: mon 4.7m, Tue 5.7m, Wed 3.8m...

Not looking good so far. IW got hit by DP2 on thursday, so Endgame really gotta beat that thursday 3.4m

Xevross

IW dom week: mon 4.6m, Tue 6.0m, Wed 4.2m, Thur 3.4m
EG dom week: mon 4.7m, Tue 5.7m, Wed 3.8m...

Not looking good so far. IW got hit by DP2 on thursday, so Endgame really gotta beat that thursday 3.4m
Insider on BOT says 3.4m thursday, success! Now just gotta keep going, needs a bigger friday jump than IW!

Also OS-C for mon-wed was about $23m for Endgame, compared to also $23m for IW. But thursday onwards is when IW got hit super hard by DP2 overseas with only $4m thursday and $29m weekend, so its looking better now, lets see what the weekend brings.

Dr. Pezus

Insider on BOT says 3.4m thursday, success! Now just gotta keep going, needs a bigger friday jump than IW!

Also OS-C for mon-wed was about $23m for Endgame, compared to also $23m for IW. But thursday onwards is when IW got hit super hard by DP2 overseas with only $4m thursday and $29m weekend, so its looking better now, lets see what the weekend brings.
How much more does it need in total?

Go Up