PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Also downloaded the fifa world cup trial. Picked Iceland, naturally, and tied 2-2 with Argentina. They went 2 ahead before I scored two in 5 minutes after 80 mins

Xevross

I finished Detroit, got the best ending. Lots of problems I have with the game but I like it. I might watch some videos to check out other endings, I can't be bothered to play back through it again, its too annoying to play.

Falls quite short of Heavy Rain for me but still enjoyable.

Kerotan

Ethomaz I see they banned you for 2 weeks on resetera.com. Are you still a poster on neogaf?

SWORDF1SH

PSVVR is 320 with Skyrim.  Should I pull the trigger?
What is PSVVR? Virtual Virtual Reality? VRception?
dang this is getting out of hand. We'll being living some sort of Matrix style life in a few generations. Trump needs to step in now, stop it and nip it in the bud.

Xevross

Complete Detroit spoilers here btw.

Saw this video posted as a thread on Era and I completely agree with it. I like the parts of the story about Kara and Alice's relationship, and especially Connor and Hank's relationship but the overall story and the messages are just so bad and completely baffling at times. David Cage really should stop writing games.

Legend

I'm glad I managed to survive the zeitgeist and avoid buying Detroit at launch. Might love it myself but seems like more of a gamble than something like God of War.

Will hopefully enjoy it this winter.

Xevross

I'm glad I managed to survive the zeitgeist and avoid buying Detroit at launch. Might love it myself but seems like more of a gamble than something like God of War.

Will hopefully enjoy it this winter.
Well I waited a bit and when I watched a streamer playing it for a couple of hours it sold me. Unfortunately its one of those games which is much, much more entertaining/ better to watch than play. Wish I hadn't bought it and I'd just watched playthroughs. Oh well

nnodley

the most impressive thing about Detroit is it's multiple endings to the scenes and endings to the game as a whole.  It'f fudgy impressive. Like you can literally have a play through that is maybe 10 or so hours and then play one thats maybe 6 hours because of the different choices.  

Xevross

the most impressive thing about Detroit is it's multiple endings to the scenes and endings to the game as a whole.  It'f fudgy impressive. Like you can literally have a play through that is maybe 10 or so hours and then play one thats maybe 6 hours because of the different choices.  
Not really. What's most impressive is how the game disguises the different routes to make them look more different than they actually are. The differences are only missing missions if a character dies and then the final mission. The final mission is quite impressive with all its different branches and endings, though, sure.

nnodley

Not really. What's most impressive is how the game disguises the different routes to make them look more different than they actually are. The differences are only missing missions if a character dies and then the final mission. The final mission is quite impressive with all its different branches and endings, though, sure.
Sorry highly disagree. I've watched a lot of videos with different endings to different scenes and sure the paths to those endings are mostly the same overall, but what I like is that i've played it twice and got the plat and I still haven't seen even half the game endings or individual mission endings..  Sure most just change the outcome of that mission and don't have massive changes to the overall story, but do have small trickles here and there.  It's mostly the scenes towards the end that have the most consequences in the end mission. 

Xevross

Sorry highly disagree. I've watched a lot of videos with different endings to different scenes and sure the paths to those endings are mostly the same overall, but what I like is that i've played it twice and got the plat and I still haven't seen even half the game endings or individual mission endings..  Sure most just change the outcome of that mission and don't have massive changes to the overall story, but do have small trickles here and there.  It's mostly the scenes towards the end that have the most consequences in the end mission.  
This is basically what I said...

There's a lot of different endings, but the changes only really come into it in the final mission. And there's nothing extremely impressive about that to me. That's what this game is, a choice game which gives you different endings. The choices throughout the game have the most obscure or insignificant consequences a lot of the time. Like how only two people are ever affected by the public opinion you build. Everything you do just changes relationship/ opinion sliders which then give you different stuff at the end. There's some minor things as well but there's not enough of them. I don't think there's much to be impressed about in Detroit in the context of its genre.

Legend

I think this was one of the crazy awesome things about life is strange.

Essentially every game with dialogue options/choices will railroad you into the same content and just try to trick you into thinking it's dependent on your actions. If you reload a save and try out other options, the illusion is broken. Life is Strange however is built around this. At any moment you can rewind time and try out different options and that game somehow manages to keep the illusion working.

nnodley

Jun 26, 2018, 02:58 PM Last Edit: Jun 26, 2018, 03:13 PM by nnodley
This is basically what I said...

There's a lot of different endings, but the changes only really come into it in the final mission. And there's nothing extremely impressive about that to me. That's what this game is, a choice game which gives you different endings. The choices throughout the game have the most obscure or insignificant consequences a lot of the time. Like how only two people are ever affected by the public opinion you build. Everything you do just changes relationship/ opinion sliders which then give you different stuff at the end. There's some minor things as well but there's not enough of them. I don't think there's much to be impressed about in Detroit in the context of its genre.
No I understand that is basically what you said bruh!  I'm just saying that yeah even if that's how it is it's still super impressive to me. :P

We will just agree to disagree, but the amount of different things you can do despite most not coming into play till the end game is a hard thing to do.  My Kara playthroughs were drastically different on my second play through.  Same with connors mostly cause I was trying to get a certain trophy.  Markus's missions I think have the least amount of deviations in terms of the ending. Except a few large choices you can make at the end.

I still find it impressive.  8) 

Legend

nnodley

I so hope the beta really comes in 2018.  I'm dying to try this out.  I hope the beta has PSVR support and we don't have to wait till game launch to use it.

Go Up