Predict Xbox One lifetime sales

Started by Legend, Mar 11, 2018, 09:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Mar 11, 2018, 09:11 PM Last Edit: Mar 11, 2018, 09:56 PM by Legend
LTD it's only a few million behind where 360 was at the same time, say 35 mil vs 40 mil.

So after the generation is long over,  what will it have sold?

I was thinking about this and 360 got a huge bump from kinect. Even if Xbox One was as strong as 360, without kinect it'd end sub 70 mil. Kinect also kept the generation going longer so that could be like ~60 mil lifetime for 360 if kinect didn't happen.

Thus with handwavy math, I predict Xbox One will end the gen around 45 mil lifetime, 3/4s of what 360 might have done sans kinect.

Dr. Pezus

55m. Or are you asking how much it sells before the next iteration is out?

Legend

Mar 11, 2018, 10:02 PM Last Edit: Mar 11, 2018, 10:12 PM by Legend
55m. Or are you asking how much it sells before the next iteration is out?
Edited op to be more clear. You're correct.

6 mil this year, 3 mil next year, maybe a couple mil after that. I doubt Microsoft will try to push Xbox One sales once next gen starts.

35 million sales from Nov 2013 to January 2018. If you define a year as January to January, then that's (35-3 (MS announced 3 mil sold in 2013))/4=8 million average a year.

MS's last official statement said the Xbox One had almost shipped about 10 million in the first year so 8-9 million sold a year lines up. Also shows that the first year wasn't super low and 2017 was very unlikely to be above average.

Xevross

Over its whole life? I think it can make it to 50m, indications are its doing a decent baseline with the X around now so it might be able to get there. Also I think its more than 35mil right now, probably closer to 37.

Legend

Over its whole life? I think it can make it to 50m, indications are its doing a decent baseline with the X around now so it might be able to get there. Also I think its more than 35mil right now, probably closer to 37.
Not that I'd be shocked if the figure was wrong, but 35 was supposed to be around the start of the year. I really doubt it's done 2 million in the past two months.

Yeah how is X selling? I feel like I've kinda missed the past few months of news.

Xevross

Not that I'd be shocked if the figure was wrong, but 35 was supposed to be around the start of the year. I really doubt it's done 2 million in the past two months.

Yeah how is X selling? I feel like I've kinda missed the past few months of news.
I thought 35 was sort of around november-december time. But then again it could be anywhere in the 32-40 range and it would be believable.

Xbox did just as well as PS4 and Switch in Jan NPD and Feb is looking the same. So US sales are actually probably better than last year for the first few months. Rest of the world is probably just as bleak though.

SWORDF1SH

50M but only because I think MS want to get this gen over with sooner rather than later. It's been a disaster for the One and I can see them releasing a new console a year before PS5.