The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Wow, look at the weight of the Destructoid score compared to the rest: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Critic Reviews for Xbox One - Metacritic

4 80's and 1 100. Metascore = 87...
Actual average is 84

Legend

Wow, look at the weight of the Destructoid score compared to the rest: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Critic Reviews for Xbox One - Metacritic

4 80's and 1 100. Metascore = 87...
Actual average is 84
What's wrong with that?

Dr. Pezus

What's wrong with that?
They are giving Destructoid twice the weight of the other sites (on average). What would their reasoning be for that? I wonder if IGN weighs even more.

Legend

They are giving Destructoid twice the weight of the other sites (on average). What would their reasoning be for that? I wonder if IGN weighs even more.
Destructoid arguably has a better/well known history.

Dr. Pezus

Well their best reviewer (by far) left a while ago.

OT: FIFA 16 demo is out. Play as women for the first time!

BananaKing

whats the basis that metacritic sets weighted reviews on?

is there a quality check on reviews? do they have to meet certain standards? is there a certain set of requirements for reviewers and reviews?

or does it just come down to how popular a site is? because we all know popularity sure as hell doesnt meen quality. and Metacritic basing its weighted reviews on popularity is a joke, considering metacritics supposed purpose to measure quality.

one thing is for sure, the gaming industry would be MUCH better without numbered reviews.

Rorono

Well their best reviewer (by far) left a while ago.

If you're talking about Sterling, Destructoid's weight should definitely be lower, not higher

Dr. Pezus

If you're talking about Sterling, Destructoid's weight should definitely be lower, not higher
I see what you did there lol

Dr. Pezus

The FIFA 16 demo is actually great! Really like playing as women too. They feel different and it's cool how their hair moves around hehe.

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

over 10m views in a few days. dang, the hype is real

Legend

over 10m views in a few days. dang, the hype is real
Could it be even bigger than the first!?

Mmm_fish_tacos

dang it, I kind of want the TK. But I just bought a wheel for forza. Im already spending more money that I should. What to do...

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Go Up