XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Sony, launch day: Eh, let's just call the OS version, 1.01.
And the system shall be called PS4, because that comes after 3.
MS, launch day: Eh, let's just call the OS version, 6.2.9781.0.  
The next natural number after 360 is 1, so let's call it Xbox One.  

What comes after 8?
MS: 10!  
10!
Windows 10!

PS4 launched with 1.5, technically. 1.0 was internal. ;)

Dr. Pezus

Sony, launch day: Eh, let's just call the OS version, 1.01.
And the system shall be called PS4, because that comes after 3.
MS, launch day: Eh, let's just call the OS version, 6.2.9781.0.  
The next natural number after 360 is 1, so let's call it Xbox One.  

What comes after 8?
MS: 10!  
10!
Windows 10!

Well 360 is technically zero on a circle too so it makes a lick of sense to call the successor 1

the-pi-guy

Well 360 is technically zero on a circle too so it makes a lick of sense to call the successor 1
Real math uses radians.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

360 is 1, not zero.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Jul 25, 2015, 07:43 PM Last Edit: Jul 25, 2015, 07:45 PM by the-pi-guy
360 is 1, not zero.
Depends what you are counting.
360 is analogous to 0.  
But 360 is once around the circle.  

In radians e^(i*Pi*2)=e^(Pi*i*0)
2pi radians=360 degrees
0 radians = 0 degrees

Just to be fair.  ;)

Legend

Depends what you are counting.
360 is analogous to 0.  
But 360 is once around the circle.  

In radians e^(i*Pi*2)=e^(Pi*i*0)
2pi radians=360 degrees
0 radians = 0 degrees

Just to be fair.  ;)
If 360 represents a static scene, yeah it's 0,360,720,-360, whatever.

I'm talking about a 360 degree delta  ;)

Dr. Pezus

Halo:MCC special cellector edition kickstarter launched in China - NeoGAF

During Halo Night event on 29th July in Shanghai before Chinajoy, Xbox China announced Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be released on August 13th in China for 249RMB.  On 31st of July, Xbox China has just launched a kickstarter project on Chinese online seller JD, to make a China special collector edition of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One. This Kickstarter project aims to collect 500 thousand yuan in a month, and it has reached 1/10 in the first day. 0RMB (Unlimited) Supporters don't pay anything and nothing return from the project. 1RMB (limited to 20000) One Halo: The Master Chief Collection China special Xbox One bundle will be drew every 5000 people. (If less than 5000, one will still be drew.) 249RMB(limited to 1000)
  • 1 x One standard Halo: The Master Chief Collection game.
399RMB(limited to 10 every working day)
  • + 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • + 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.
699RMB(limited to 1000)
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.
  • + 1 x Normal Xbox One controller.
  • + 2 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One controller thumb grips.
2999RMB(limited to 1000)
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.
  • 1 x Normal Xbox One controller.
  • 2 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One controller thumb grips.
  • + 1 x Normal Xbox One without Kinect
  • + 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One sticker.
29999RMB(limited to 100) Everything you get for 2999RMB, you get 10 sets.
  • 10 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • 10 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.
  • 10 x Normal Xbox One controller.
  • 20 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One controller thumb grips.
  • 10 x Normal Xbox One without Kinect
  • 10 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One sticker.
/ Reference:Xbox Halo Night  (Source)Xbox Booth in Chinajoy  (Source)Chinajoy 2015 OT Shanghai China | July 30th to August 2ndNeoGAF

Aura7541

Quote from:  Phil Spencer @ China Joy 2015
"My strategy is more around our own first party franchises, and investing in franchises that we own, and probably fewer exclusive deals for third party content. I want to have strong third party relations, but paying for many third party exclusives isn't our long term strategy. This year, the fact that we're shipping Halo 5, Gears of War, Forza 6, Fable, we can only do that and build that best line-up we've ever seen really on the back of franchises that we own. It's great to have Tomb Raider as part of our line-up, but investing in first party, you'll see more of that at gamescom next week, is really core to our strategy."
Kinda surprised no one has posted this yet. What do you guys think about Phil's quote? To me, I feel that he has no choice anyways, especially after the PS4 tripled the XBO in Q2 CY 2015 shipments.

Legend

Kinda surprised no one has posted this yet. What do you guys think about Phil's quote? To me, I feel that he has no choice anyways, especially after the PS4 tripled the XBO in Q2 CY 2015 shipments.
Yeah it's just traditional pr.

darkknightkryta

They've stagnated way too long.  Other than rushed Forza games, Microsoft more or less has nothing ready internally.  They're trying to ramp up production, but I don't think Microsoft understands that you can only milk a franchise for so long.  hopefully they can get their stuff together, but I doubt they will.  They're going to rush out Gears.  Fable is a zombie franchise at this points and needs to be put to pastor.  Rare's MMO looks terrible (Emphasis on looks cause it may end up alright).  Only thing that looks good to me is Halo 5.  But even then, they're abandoning the reclaimer trilogy they were planning didn't they?  They created/bought a bunch of development studios just to be re-purposed or shut them down.  What's going to happen 2 years from now after Forza 6 sells less than Forza 5 and Gears 4 is a flop?  I know I'm making bold statements here.  They're not diversifying themselves.  When they realize they actually do need new IPs, it's going to be near the end of the gen and they're either going to release nothing for Xbox One till the end of the gen after Gears 4 and launch a new console, or they're going to launch a new console with no software ready (Just like they did with Xbox One).

7H3

I dunno if MS is able to recapture the audience enough to justify continuing the brand then they could do some really cool stuff... The original vision of Xbox One I really had no problem with as I only buy digital games anyways, but it was very bad PR and too far ahead of its time... also hdmi input was not a good selling point...

I think MS has some really cool stuff in store if they knew what they were doing...
regardless great games coming out that will be a ton of fun to play and that's what really matters for those that have the console
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Kerotan

What doesn't the xbox community that ran away from chertz relocate here?  

I miss the banter.  Somebody should invite them over.

darkknightkryta

What doesn't the xbox community that ran away from chertz relocate here?  

I miss the banter.  Somebody should invite them over.
@Legend did.  

Interesting analysis on Crackdown.  Seems like the physics are still calculated locally with debris calculated on the cloud:

gamrConnect Forums - View Post

its a bit of a copout, the hitbox data (force/location/angle) is sent to the server which runs debris calculation on a simplified mesh, the result is then delivered to the client , geometry isnt dissapearing in the video, its simply the switch between local physics calculation and the server based debris data with the simplified meshes.

put simply, the initial destructions handled by the xbox one, the server just calculates debris based on a low poly instance of the game world.

still, better than the glorified shared savedata shame they call driveatar.                

Go Up