Bernie Sanders: "This is not the time for a protest vote" - NeoGAF

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 17, 2016, 11:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Bernie Sanders: "This is not the time for a protest vote" - NeoGAF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-protest-vote/
Originally Posted by Bernie Sanders

"This is not the time for a protest vote, in terms of a presidential campaign," Sanders said. "I ran as a third-party candidate. I'm the longest-serving independent in the history of the United States Congress. I know more about third-party politics than anyone else in the Congress, okay? And if people want to run as third-party candidates, God bless them! Run for Congress. Run for governor. Run for state legislature. When we're talking about president of the United States, in my own personal view, this is not time for a protest vote. This is time to elect Hillary Clinton and then work after the election to mobilize millions of people to make sure she can be the most progressive president she can be."

Max King of the Wild

What a fudgy idiot

kitler53

What a fudgy idiot
i assume you are talking about yourself. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Max King of the Wild

Sep 19, 2016, 06:50 AM Last Edit: Sep 19, 2016, 06:53 AM by Max King of the Wild
i assume you are talking about yourself.
Nope, the crack pot bernie. He's basically saying to throw the Democratic process out the window. fudge integrity, right? I mean, the guy got thrown under the bus and he made a career from running third party... But ignore all that guys

kitler53

Nope, the crack pot bernie. He's basically saying to throw the Democratic process out the window. fudge integrity, right? I mean, the guy got thrown under the bus and he made a career from running third party... But ignore all that guys
the democratic process happened and more people voted for hilary than bernie. 

what he is saying is if you want the democats to be more progressive you do that by working with the party not against it.  get involved.  

what he is saying is if you have a choice between two people (and there are only two people in the race) and you don't vote vote the one who is the most progressive (hilary) you are acting self destructive.  trump will actively work against your progressive priorities. 

what he is saying is you'd be a fudgy idiot to make a protest vote out of bernie losing the election when no matter how you cut is bernie lost. 

more people voted for hilary in closed primary states.  more people voted for hilary in open primary states.  the only places bernie was really winning was caucus states the absolutely  most undemocratic process of the all. 

thei are probably around 300 million political views in the united states, one for each citizen. there are only two choices on the ballot.  there will never be an election in your life where the politicians you have to choose from 100% line up with you views. you vote for the what you believe is the better of two directions. if the is an issues you really believe in you get involved with the party to help form its platform. 

but doing nothing always the. not voting because you don't like the choice is the best way to be ignored.  our process favors the citizen that are willing to act.  our founding fathers even talked about doing that on purpose because they believed the average citizen was too dumb to be trusted with leading the direction of the country. 

so grow the fudge up.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

No one's reported anything, so no one seems to care...

But, you two need to cool it.  

Max King of the Wild

the democratic process happened and more people voted for hilary than bernie.

what he is saying is if you want the democats to be more progressive you do that by working with the party not against it.  get involved. 

what he is saying is if you have a choice between two people (and there are only two people in the race) and you don't vote vote the one who is the most progressive (hilary) you are acting self destructive.  trump will actively work against your progressive priorities.

what he is saying is you'd be a fudgy idiot to make a protest vote out of bernie losing the election when no matter how you cut is bernie lost.

more people voted for hilary in closed primary states.  more people voted for hilary in open primary states.  the only places bernie was really winning was caucus states the absolutely  most undemocratic process of the all.

thei are probably around 300 million political views in the united states, one for each citizen. there are only two choices on the ballot.  there will never be an election in your life where the politicians you have to choose from 100% line up with you views. you vote for the what you believe is the better of two directions. if the is an issues you really believe in you get involved with the party to help form its platform.

but doing nothing always the. not voting because you don't like the choice is the best way to be ignored.  our process favors the citizen that are willing to act.  our founding fathers even talked about doing that on purpose because they believed the average citizen was too dumb to be trusted with leading the direction of the country.

so grow the fudge up.

What he's saying is blindly support a poorly executed dog nominee