AppLovin offers $17.5 billion for Unity

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 09, 2022, 02:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sauce

Gaming software company AppLovin Corp (APP.O) on Tuesday made an offer to buy peer Unity Software Inc (U.N) in a $17.54 billion all-stock deal, looking to tap into growing demand for three-dimensional gaming.

the-pi-guy

Looking forward to all that 3D gaming.

Legend

Oh...

Gonna be hard to stick with Unity after Hapax. 5 years from now what will the company look like?

the-pi-guy

Oh...

Gonna be hard to stick with Unity after Hapax. 5 years from now what will the company look like?
Tis a turbulent time.

kitler53

i give this like a 10% chance of being accepted.   

$58 is high relative to yesterday's price but unity was valued over $200 late last year.   $58 dollars means any stock owner that didn't buy since may is taking a loss.   since an acquisition requires stock holder voter approval i'm quite certain this will be rejected.   no one wants to take a loss and unity isn't doing soo badly that people will feel like a fire sale is needed minimize their losses.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i give this like a 10% chance of being accepted.  

$58 is high relative to yesterday's price but unity was valued over $200 late last year.   $58 dollars means any stock owner that didn't buy since may is taking a loss.   since an acquisition requires stock holder voter approval i'm quite certain this will be rejected.   no one wants to take a loss and unity isn't doing soo badly that people will feel like a fire sale is needed minimize their losses.
The company has apparently never made a profit in the past 18 years.