the-pi-guy

Aug 03, 2022, 11:43 PM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2022, 07:11 PM by the-pi-guy
Not confirmed:

Confirmed:
Batgirl movie dead
Warner removes movies from HBO Max

Dr. Pezus

kitler53

That's like,.. pretty terrible news for HBO no?

also,. Why is it that when I first typed hbo in all lower case my immediate thought was it was unrecognizable and no one would know what I'm typing…

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I wonder if Warner Bros Interactive will be back on the menu...

BananaKing

Wow I thought HBO was a success? Or is this the transition to subscription streaming a failure?

the-pi-guy

That's like,.. pretty terrible news for HBO no?
It's bizarre to me. They seemed like they were an OK Netflix competitor. But Discovery seems intent on shutting HBO Max down.  

It's hard to believe they just shelved two basically completed movies because the tax write off was preferable to spending more on marketing.

Dr. Pezus

It's bizarre to me. They seemed like they were an OK Netflix competitor. But Discovery seems intent on shutting HBO Max down.  

It's hard to believe they just shelved two basically completed movies because the tax write off was preferable to spending more on marketing.
I heard the batgirl movie was bad anyway

Must suck for the crew

Legend

Wow I thought HBO was a success? Or is this the transition to subscription streaming a failure?
I heard nothing but good things about them. I feel this is other elements in the company having different priorities.

darkknightkryta

Apparently HBO Max isn't being scrapped but retooled?

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Legend

Expected, but lame.

kitler53

not sure i've ever heard of discovery+.   went to the website to see what they offer.  the marketing picture listing all the tiles of shows they have,.. i've never heard of a single show in it.   

hard pass.  brings no value to HBO.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

discovery+ is a really good deal for a streaming app. Like $7 for everything from HGTV to tlc to history channel and more.  I watch a few shows on HGTV and some history stuff so its a pretty good app for me.  But hbo max merging is the oddest thing i've seen ever.  

the-pi-guy

HBO Max Layoffs: Casey Bloys Reshapes Leadership Structure - The Hollywood Reporter

As expected, layoffs have hit Casey Bloys' HBO Max team.

An estimated 14 percent of Bloys' team -- an estimated 70 people -- have been let go as part of the workforce reduction following the merger of Warner Media with Discovery. The moves are the latest step in cost-cutting for the combined Warner Bros. Discovery under CEO David Zaslav.

Go Up