microsoft financial results

Started by kitler53, Jul 26, 2022, 10:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Jul 26, 2022, 10:08 PM Last Edit: Jul 26, 2022, 10:12 PM by kitler53
i haven't dug through much yet but this is what i've seen so far

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/26/23278933/microsoft-q4-2022-earnings-revenue-cloud-windows-xbox-gaming-surface

Over on the Xbox side, hardware revenue fell 11 percent, alongside a 6 percent dip in Xbox content and services revenue. Microsoft attributed the services declines to "lower engagement hours and monetization" across both first- and third-party titles.

"The decline you're seeing in Xbox hardware is partly a reflection of the fact we had that launch... about two years ago, so with the supply constraints that we had seen over the last couple of years it has kind of extended out that period for consoles," say Goodenough. "We're still seeing strong demand, but coming off those highs that we saw in the last couple of years with the launch."

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Maybe Xbox Series sold gangbusters so overall it'll work out, but would this be the first major console to peak in its first year?

kitler53

Maybe Xbox Series sold gangbusters so overall it'll work out, but would this be the first major console to peak in its first year?
Not the first.  I'm pretty sure WiiU's and vita's best year was year 1. 

Would be unusual for a successful console.  The first year was pretty great for Xbox and PlayStation releasing during the pandemic.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens