Mass Effect Series |OT|

Started by the-pi-guy, May 16, 2022, 02:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

May 29, 2022, 12:12 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 12:26 PM by the-pi-guy

Mass Effect isn't that bad with regards to this.  
But there's been a few times where it's happened.  :P

Legend

Mass Effect isn't that bad with regards to this.  
But there's been a few times where it's happened.  :P
Haha it doesn't get better till Andromeda.

the-pi-guy

Well I did not like that.  

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Wrex died. &nbsp;Felt anticlimactic. <br>

Legend

Well I did not like that.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

Wrex died.  Felt anticlimactic.

Oops.

the-pi-guy

I finished the first Mass Effect. Story ended up being way more exciting in the second half.

Talk about the bad first:

1.) Minor issue, but I feel the game has way too many stats. 6 characters have 6 weapons+armor that have 3 stats each, with upgrades for most of the weapons and armor.  It's worse than it sounds due to having to pick stuff out of a list. You also have levels for each character, though it seems that can be done automatically. It's a lot to stay on top of, especially for a shorter game.  

2.) Getting around is a bit clunky. The UI is kind of clunky and isn't always consistent.

3.) The remaster is pretty buggy.

The story and the worlds are awesome. The gameplay is really good too. 2007 would have made for a tough Goty choice.

Started Mass Effect 2. I'm a little bit worried. I really liked the mechanic that you didn't have to worry about ammo in the first game. But I know ME2 is a great game. So looking forward to this.  

BananaKing

I finished the first Mass Effect. Story ended up being way more exciting in the second half.

1.) Minor issue, but I feel the game has way too many stats. 6 characters have 6 weapons+armor that have 3 stats each, with upgrades for most of the weapons and armor.  It's worse than it sounds due to having to pick stuff out of a list. You also have levels for each character, though it seems that can be done automatically. It's a lot to stay on top of, especially for a shorter game.  

2.) Getting around is a bit clunky. The UI is kind of clunky and isn't always consistent.

The story and the worlds are awesome. The gameplay is really good too. 2007 would have made for a tough Goty choice.

Started Mass Effect 2. I'm a little bit worried. I really liked the mechanic that you didn't have to worry about ammo in the first game. But I know ME2 is a great game. So looking forward to this.  

Im pretty sure they did updates to the gameplay in ME1. Not sure to what extent. I bought the Trilogy in PS3 and found the first one unplayable. I do wish I stuck it out though

the-pi-guy

Mass Effect 2 fixes a lot of my issues with the first game.
Another issue I had with the first game I forgot to mention. Melee is awkwardly bad. It's a small motion that does pack a lot of power, but it's awkward when it takes like 5 seconds to hit again.  

Still I'm not a fan of the new powers.

the-pi-guy

It was absolutely awesome to see some characters from the first game. I was feeling a bit down about the cast until I saw
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Garrus and it was a 10/10 moment to see him. <br>

The UI is a good improvement in this game. It's nice that the map and indicator is easier to get around without being too hand holdy.  

Still the overall UX could be better. There are like 3 different buttons to exit a menu, depending on which menu you are in. The galaxy map is square, the menu is circle to exit and there are some other menus that are X to exit. Why?  

Legend

Jun 06, 2022, 05:10 AM Last Edit: Jun 06, 2022, 03:03 PM by Legend
Did the opening scene still hold up? I loved the sound effects as the ship lost its air.

the-pi-guy

Did the opening scene still hold up? I loved the sound affects as the ship lost its air.
The opening scene was great.
Stepping out is one of the coolest moments:

the-pi-guy

Ooof, this mission.

Legend

Ooof, this mission.
Which one? Getting close to the end?

the-pi-guy

Which one? Getting close to the end?
Yeah. Will definitely finish this tomorrow.

I went back to my previous save file, because I let someone die.

But, now I'm about halfway done with the last mission and it's going well.

Legend

Yeah. Will definitely finish this tomorrow.

I went back to my previous save file, because I let someone die.

But, now I'm about halfway done with the last mission and it's going well.
A lot of people tend to die near the end. Or at least that happened to me haha.

the-pi-guy

2 is done.  Good way to start the day.

No casualties.

Go Up