previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

They write dates descending:
YYYY/MM/DD.

It is correct.

US dates tend to be written mixed. MM/DD/YYYY

i take offense to "mixed".  our dates are just written in a different standard.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

YYYY/MM/DD.

It is correct.

Year month date is the best digital format. Sorting alphabetically also sorts by date.

i take offense to "mixed".  our dates are just written in a different standard.
Nope sorry our standard is wrong. Same with English being subject verb object. The correct order is SOV since that's what most languages use.

/s

BananaKing

I agree, one is set to a logical standard and the other is the American standard

the-pi-guy

It's a mix of ascending and descending.

Year month date is the best digital format. Sorting alphabetically also sorts by date.
I am a believer.

Nope sorry our standard is wrong. Same with English being subject verb object. The correct order is SOV since that's what most languages use.

/s
On this fun subject, they're very close.

From what I recall, SOV tends to be the best for small sentences and SVO tends to be best for longer sentences. There was some kind of study with a number of SVO/SOV language speakers translating to something else, and across the board they tended to use word order that way.

kitler53

I agree, one is set to a logical standard and the other is the American standard
i'm going to have to disagree with you and agree with legend here...

YYYY/MM/DD is the only "logical" standard.   DD/MM/YYYY is almost as stupid as MM/DD/YYYY

kitler53

fuk it,. i'm starting my own standard.

DM/YY/DMYY

today isn't:  08/03/2022.   it's: 00/20/3822.   couldn't be more obvious my standard is the best.  it condenses all the important information into the last 4 digits.  nobody actually cares about which "week" in the month we are and december is basically the same thing as feburary, fukting cold.   

the-pi-guy

december is basically the same thing as feburary, fukting cold.  
Spoken like a true Midwesterner.

Legend

fuk it,. i'm starting my own standard.

DM/YY/DMYY

today isn't:  08/03/2022.   it's: 00/20/3822.   couldn't be more obvious my standard is the best.  it condenses all the important information into the last 4 digits.  nobody actually cares about which "week" in the month we are and december is basically the same thing as feburary, fukting cold.  
I wanted to make a joke and switch the server to that format, but I don't think it's possible to split days and months like that without custom code.

I propose a culturally agnostic solution of just counting the number of seconds since December 31st, 1969 midnight. Good enough for computers, good enough for humans.

Thus Ragnarok is set to release on 1667952000

kitler53

I wanted to make a joke and switch the server to that format, but I don't think it's possible to split days and months like that without custom code.

I propose a culturally agnostic solution of just counting the number of seconds since December 31st, 1969 midnight. Good enough for computers, good enough for humans.

Thus Ragnarok is set to release on 1667952000
do it!  please do it!   i'll give you all the vizioneck cash i have!!!

Dr. Pezus

YYYY/MM/DD.

It is correct.

Oh really  :o
It's so weird to have the month before the day for me heh

As a game about nordic lore though, GoW should use DD/MM/YYYY  8)

Legend

Oh really  :o
It's so weird to have the month before the day for me heh

As a game about nordic lore though, GoW should use DD/MM/YYYY  8)
Well then it shouldn't use the Julian calendar either.

do it!  please do it!   i'll give you all the vizioneck cash i have!!!

Nope. I'd really love to, but it'd take actual work and that's far too much for a joke.

Dr. Pezus

Well then it shouldn't use the Julian calendar either.

Nope. I'd really love to, but it'd take actual work and that's far too much for a joke.
Hehe touché

the-pi-guy

kitler53

It's going to take more than a sandcastle to get me to preorder.   I need a real trailer or state of play. 

the-pi-guy

Go Up