the-pi-guy

Dec 31, 2021, 06:58 PM Last Edit: Nov 09, 2022, 04:05 PM by the-pi-guy

Release Date :November 9, 2022

Platforms : PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5

Developer : Sony Santa Monica

Publisher : Sony Interactive Entertainment

the-pi-guy

Strangely the game is already rated in Saudi Arabia:

And there was movement on the PlayStation db. Game is seemingly targeting July/August/September for a release date.

Legend

the-pi-guy

That's later than I expected. Wasn't it more like March?
It's never had a release date announced, other than "2021" and then "2022".

Legend

It's never had a release date announced, other than "2021" and then "2022".
I guess I just wanted the delay to be a small one.

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

I feel it could have hit march or April. But with horizon being Feb. GT in March, and forespoken in May. It makes sense to have it in the July-sep window. At least it will give time for a lot of extra polish.

the-pi-guy

this is the sequel to GoW,.. it's such a strong foundation that they literally cannot fudge this up.  i'm not sure where the story goes from here but i have faith it will be good.   all they really need to do is make more and more interesting bosses and this game will be amazing.   people may think its not as groundbreaking as the original but i cannot see it dropping below a 90.  
I shall put this here.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

That might be true today, but tis the season for delays haha.
I don't think Jason would say this if he thought it were likely.
I have a feeling we are going to be hearing about GoW sooner than we ever could ever have dreamed.

That feeling is probably just hope, but I will hold onto it regardless.

Dr. Pezus

I don't think Jason would say this if he thought it were likely.
I have a feeling we are going to be hearing about GoW sooner than we ever could ever have dreamed.

That feeling is probably just hope, but I will hold onto it regardless.
I think it's very likely that they'll start pushing it when Horizon hype is gone. Along with GT but that's a different audience really

kitler53

i mean, one way or another GoW is the next big game after GT right?    regardless of 2022 or 2023 their marketing ought to be shifting focus to GoW right now with something to show off soonish.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i mean, one way or another GoW is the next big game after GT right?    regardless of 2022 or 2023 their marketing ought to be shifting focus to GoW right now with something to show off soonish.  
Well technically they just announced MLB The Show and it comes out in April.

But for real yes.

kitler53

i'll really hope that sony doesn't go from GT (March) to GoW and we find out that GoW doesn't ship until march 2023.   that would be a hell of a drought.   

i mean, i guess tokyo ghostwire is late march but i'll discredit this as  and "exclusive" since MS is making it now and will clearly come to xbox eventually.    ...and mlb is april but that's fully multiplat now and day-1 on gamepass.   ...and forspoken is may but i kind of doubt that stays exclusive either and regardless that's SE.

not bashing 3rd parties and multiplats but sony should have a true 1st party exclusive more than 1 in a year to keep excitement in the platform if they don't want to get killed by MS.   just a long way of saying GoW had better ship this year.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up