is COD going to die now that MS owns it?

Started by Legend, Dec 06, 2023, 04:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Newest game is the worst cod ever. Ms had nothing to do with it, but the franchise needs some help.

kitler53

i mean, clearly you cannot really blame MS for this latest iteration.   but i wouldn't put faith in MS being able to right the ship.

from what i read it seems mostly like this is the fault of trying to sell a DLC as a full game.  i guess we can maybe at least expect MS to let thinks cook as long as they need to.   i doubt MS is quite as committed to the "new game every holiday" schedule ABK has been on.   

...or maybe MS goes all embracer on us and just closes all of their studios.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

i'm gonna say yes.  Even though MW3 is not their fault.  They will likely try to cash in on COD by pushing them more and more.

But maybe they will surprise and give the next ones more time to cook and cover any gaps with multiplayer updates.

i doubt it  8)

Legend

I'll say yes but not because of ms.

Cod wasn't doing the best back around Infinite Warfare and Battlefield was really moving in to kill it. Cod has bounced back a bit but it still feels like another shooter could swoop in and take over.

kitler53

same question,.. new(-ish) data:

if we forget about his sleaze bag personal life stuff,.. did his leadership make CoD better or worse.   now that he's gone

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is stepping down officially December 29th. Microsoft has not appointed a direct replacement and instead has rolled the suite of Activision Blizzard executives including Blizzard president Mike Ybarra, Activision publishing president Rob Kostich, and Activision Blizzard vice chair Thomas Tippl under Microsoft's game content and studios president Matt Booty.

Kotick's departure comes just two months after some big Xbox leadership changes that saw Sarah Bond promoted to Xbox president, leading all Xbox platform and hardware work, and Matt Booty promoted to president of game content and studios, including overseeing Bethesda and ZeniMax studios. Now Booty is getting even more responsibilities with Bethesda, Activision Blizzard, and Xbox Game Studios all under his watch.
Microsoft is largely keeping the leadership team of Activision Blizzard in place, with a few executive-level exceptions. Activision Blizzard chief communications officer Lulu Meservey will leave the company at the end of January. Humam Sakhnini (Vice Chairman, Blizzard and King) will also depart at the end of December. A number of Activision Blizzard executives will depart in March, too.

Brian Bulatao (Chief Administrative Officer), Julie Hodges (Chief People Officer), Grant Dixton (Chief Legal Officer), and Grant Dixton (Chief Legal Officer) are all reporting to their Microsoft Gaming equivalents. "Thomas, Brian, Julie, Grant and Armin will continue to help us with the transition through March 2024," says Spencer.
Microsoft continues to integrate Activision Blizzard into its expanded Microsoft Gaming business, and it's clear Matt Booty is now taking more responsibility than ever before. Xbox fans are now waiting to hear from Microsoft on its plans to add Activision Blizzard games to Xbox Game Pass. Spencer previously blamed the deal's long regulatory process for not having a back catalog of Activision Blizzard games available on Game Pass, warning we'd have to wait until 2024 for news on game additions. Activision Blizzard also revealed on X (formerly Twitter), ahead of the Microsoft deal closing, that Modern Warfare III and Diablo IV both wouldn't be coming to Xbox Game Pass this year.
or maybe a reverse perspective.  with matt booty getting soo much extra responsibility will that have a negative affect on the rest of xbox first party development?

xbox first party development is soo crazy big now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens