Demon's Souls |OT| MC: 92 (91 reviews)

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 11, 2020, 12:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

It's already been mentioned several times, but I think with this success that Bluepoint will join SIE. 

Theyve done a great job here. And it is really impressive that they've pulled it out in ~2.5 years.

BananaKing

I mean are we really suprised by the scores here? We know how much this game is loved, and its the game that started it all. Bluepoint seemed to do a fantastic job with this game. But its always been an awesome one. Scores aren't surprising at all.

Is there new or additional content from the original?

kitler53

I mean are we really suprised by the scores here? We know how much this game is loved, and its the game that started it all. Bluepoint seemed to do a fantastic job with this game. But its always been an awesome one. Scores aren't surprising at all.

i hear that there is a door.   wouldn't be surprised to learn that DS has DLC at some point

but yeah, i agree with you.  BP did a great job building this from scatch with a very, very detailed blueprint.  The technical expertise is fantastic.  it remains to be seen if they have any creative talent in their studio that can build something "from scratch".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

It's already been mentioned several times, but I think with this success that Bluepoint will join SIE. 

Theyve done a great job here. And it is really impressive that they've pulled it out in ~2.5 years.
a smidge off topic to this thread but since you bring it up i think sumo did a fantastic job with sackboy's big adventure too.   they have just a ton of games they've worked on but seemingly in a more support role.   but their last 2 full games was LBP 3 and sackboy's big adventure.  might be another good pick-up for sony.

Xevross

No, not surprised at all and I don't think anybody has claimed to be anyway, in fact so far your score prediction is the furthest off.

a smidge off topic to this thread but since you bring it up i think sumo did a fantastic job with sackboy's big adventure too.   they have just a ton of games they've worked on but seemingly in a more support role.   but their last 2 full games was LBP 3 and sackboy's big adventure.  might be another good pick-up for sony.
Sumo are also getting bigger and acquiring new teams on their own.

nnodley

So let's see if it holds at 92 and I win this one!

kitler53

Sumo are also getting bigger and acquiring new teams on their own.
yeah, when i googled i was surprised to see 700-1000 estimated employees.  that's a huuge studio to have no IP and no major (solo) releases outside of LBP.   maybe too bit if with 1000 employees they can only do sackboy's adventure and bluepoint can do demon's souls with only 90.  lol

...but i cannot complain about the quality of sackboy's big adventure.  it started out a bit slow but it's getting really good as i go.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Various communities were going crazy about a door that wasn't in the original game, and there was seemingly no way to open it.  

People used photomode to see that there was an item behind the door.  

There was a crazy amount of speculation. Including that it was going to be a hint at a Bloodborne remaster, a Metal Gear Solid I remake. (In conjunction with some strange sounds that might just be bugs).  

Spoiler for Step 1:
<br>People found these coins that were only in fractured mode. &nbsp;No one knew what they were for. <br><br>Over like a day, people eventually found 10 coins. &nbsp;<br>There was speculation that 60 of them had to be collected. &nbsp;So a player was collecting 10 each NG. &nbsp;<br>

Spoiler for how the mystery was solved:
<br>The player got through 30 coins, and was able to trade them in. &nbsp;And surprise, was given a key. &nbsp;<br>

Spoiler for the answer:
<br>Behind the door was an armor set. &nbsp;Current speculation is that there are 13 coins per NG. &nbsp;2 playthroughs * 13=26 coins necessary. &nbsp;The suggestion is it was a connection to the 26 year anniversary of another From game. &nbsp;<br><br>2 playthroughs were teased by Lance McDonald (bloodborne hack guy) and Bluepoint themselves. &quot;not one, but two&quot;.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

the-pi-guy

92 yet with 91 reviews. Ain't bad.

Go Up