PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/07/27/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-august-yakuza-like-a-dragon-tony-hawks-pro-skater-12-little-nightmares/

- yakuza like a dragon
- tony hawk 1 + 2
- little nightmares

pretty good month.   i feel a little stupid for eyeing up little nightmares for years and finally breaking down and buying it earlier this year.   ...but i was doing the same for tony hawk so i'm pretty happy for that one.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

is this the literal reason ps seems to always be last (if ever) getting indie games??

it wasn't that long ago (vita) that Sony was first.   then all of a sudden Nintendo was first followed by Xbox.   annoys the crud out of me because I like indies a lot and being last to get games like hades or among us is annoying as hell.
Not the primary reason. The majority of indie games that are big and popular would have enough money for dev kits and test kits.

I think Microsoft is just more approachable with id@xbox.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i wouldn't mind NFTs via playstation stars.   the corrupt/immoral idea with NFT is creating digital scarcity to artificially increase $$$.

If playstation stars was giving away NFTs to use for things like profile icons and there was no ability to sell them (or even trade them as that would possibly create black markets) i would have no problem with NFTs and basically the idea that no one else on playstation shares my exact same profile icon.   i would actually find that reasonably cool.

Legend

i wouldn't mind NFTs via playstation stars.   the corrupt/immoral idea with NFT is creating digital scarcity to artificially increase $$$.

If playstation stars was giving away NFTs to use for things like profile icons and there was no ability to sell them (or even trade them as that would possibly create black markets) i would have no problem with NFTs and basically the idea that no one else on playstation shares my exact same profile icon.   i would actually find that reasonably cool.
If the nft can't be traded, what's the point? Just a regular sony server would handle that much better.

kitler53

If the nft can't be traded, what's the point? Just a regular sony server would handle that much better.
globably unique...

...but yeah, it wouldn't need to be a true NFT in that case.

the-pi-guy

I got two of my friends to play some of my favorite childhood games this year. Not that I forced them or anything.

But so far they both seem to like their games!

kitler53

I got two of my friends to play some of my favorite childhood games this year. Not that I forced them or anything.

But so far they both seem to like their games!
Which ones?

I can tell you from experience that some of my favorite childhood games are not that good in retrospect.  After building my raspberry pie I tired playing them and the nostalgia did not live up.  I mean,. they may have been better than the competition at the time but they kind of sucked compared to most indies these days in the "pixel art" genre.  
- Zelda a link to the past
- Mario 3
- Mario wold
- earthworm Jim
- super Metroid
- contra III

You could really feel the d-pad restriction in their gameplays with very restrictive "coordinal" movements. 

Legend

super Metroid
I played it for the first time 5 years ago and loved it. Thought it still held up.

the-pi-guy

Which ones?

I can tell you from experience that some of my favorite childhood games are not that good in retrospect.  After building my raspberry pie I tired playing them and the nostalgia did not live up.  I mean,. they may have been better than the competition at the time but they kind of sucked compared to most indies these days in the "pixel art" genre.  
- Zelda a link to the past
- Mario 3
- Mario wold
- earthworm Jim
- super Metroid
- contra III

You could really feel the d-pad restriction in their gameplays with very restrictive "coordinal" movements.

Jak and Daxter and Final Fantasy X.  

the-pi-guy

SWORDF1SH

It'll never take off imho

kitler53

i've heard of it but now that i'm experience it i'm pretty fudgy pissed off....

1. rented a ps4 game from the library that my kid wanted to play (lego star wars, the new one)
2. popped the disc in and immediately ps5 tried to install the ps4 game
3. go to store and unlock and download the ps5 version
4. delete the ps4 installation, remove disc
5. wait for download to complete
6. launch game,.. told please insert disc
7. popped the disc in and immediately ps5 tried to install the ps4 game
8. delete the ps4 installation, keep disc in system
9. turn off system for the night
10. turn the system on
11. immediately ps5 tried to install the ps4 game
12. delete the ps4 installation

...clearly my choice is to:
1. re-delete the ps4 installation every fudgy time i turn my system on
2. capitulate and waste 32 GBs of space to a double installation because fudge you sony....

darkknightkryta

i've heard of it but now that i'm experience it i'm pretty fudgy pissed off....

1. rented a ps4 game from the library that my kid wanted to play (lego star wars, the new one)
2. popped the disc in and immediately ps5 tried to install the ps4 game
3. go to store and unlock and download the ps5 version
4. delete the ps4 installation, remove disc
5. wait for download to complete
6. launch game,.. told please insert disc
7. popped the disc in and immediately ps5 tried to install the ps4 game
8. delete the ps4 installation, keep disc in system
9. turn off system for the night
10. turn the system on
11. immediately ps5 tried to install the ps4 game
12. delete the ps4 installation

...clearly my choice is to:
1. re-delete the ps4 installation every fudgy time i turn my system on
2. capitulate and waste 32 GBs of space to a double installation because fudge you sony....
Sometimes I question their network engineers.  Then I realize this is just scummy business decisions and they had to make last minute changes because of user push back.

Go Up