PS5 predictions

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 05, 2018, 08:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

It just feels like PS is in a weird place, because it doesn't really feel like there are enough PS4 games to fill in the space till PS5 releases.  

I basically see it going one of two ways:

PS5 showing late this year, releasing early 2020.  Show off the big launch titles.  I feel like that's probably the best thing to do, because it'll make the gap smaller.  

Otherwise I think Sony will try repeating their PS4 launch year.
Announce it early 2020.  Basically spend 8 months hyping up titles.  
Yep its going to be one of these two. And I think it entirely depends on when their studios can have their games ready. They want to have a good launch, so should wait until there's at least a couple big launch exclusives. My guess would be Horizon 2 and something from Japan studio (which would be extremely similar to PS4 launch). But if that's going to take too long then PS4 could have a real dry patch which would hurt the brand.

I think the best case scenario is 2 of GoT, TLOU and DS launch this year. That means 2019 would be Days Gone, Dreams +2 of those 3, which would be an excellent year. Then the remaining title launches early 2020, and PS5 launches a few months later or at the same time with that title being cross gen like BOTW for Switch.