What games would be worse in VR?

Started by Legend, Apr 22, 2018, 01:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Assuming it's a real VR mode and not just a virtual TV in VR.

BananaKing

God of War!

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

I don't believe such a thing exists.  

Okay, but actually:
I kind of want to say horror games, because they are too good in VR.  

But theres a game type that just is awful in VR.  
It's basically like a kart racer where the track is a cyllinder instead of a flat plane.  And you have to go around in circles to avoid obstacles while moving forward quickly.  

I played that game.  It was awful.  It could work on a TV screen where your controller is what controls movement instead of your head.

Aside from that, I don't believe any games are worse off for VR.  It's like 3D on steroids.  

the-pi-guy

I feel like my VR hype is quickly becoming a running joke.  

Legend

VizionEck Adventure would be worse in VR.

the-pi-guy

VizionEck Adventure would be worse in VR.
But why?

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Legend never seen again.  

Street fighter
This one I'd like to try to see what it's like.  Someone was bringing up stuff about the camera, but I think if you played it smart it wouldn't be an issue.  

And personally I feel like the pros would still outweigh the cons.  

I've fast become the biggest VR fanboy in a 4000 mile radius.  

nnodley

My game would fit VR perfectly I think.  Not sure if I'm gonna have a VR version though.

Legend

My game would fit VR perfectly I think.  Not sure if I'm gonna have a VR version though.
Best to decide that early on or else it could take a lot of work redoing smaller things.

nnodley

Best to decide that early on or else it could take a lot of work redoing smaller things.
Yeah i'm debating right now, but I'm probably gonna lean towards not doing it this time.

the-pi-guy

Yeah i'm debating right now, but I'm probably gonna lean towards not doing it this time.
I have $5 for the VR version!  

nnodley

I have $5 for the VR version!  
Done! I'm doing it! lol

We will see though.  I'm trying to get all the behind the scenes stuff working like collectible pickups and Menus fully working. And then I'll start really deciding.