Xbox Series X previews Live!

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 28, 2020, 12:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

astrobot will certainly be deletable.   pre-loaded doesn't me forever loaded.
Tell that to singstar!

Xevross

Sep 28, 2020, 10:21 PM Last Edit: Sep 28, 2020, 10:22 PM by Xevross
What about Astrobot? Might take another 10-20gb.
I bet on ps5 having like 680gb free. Still less than the 180gb difference quoted
Why would that matter? Its a game that you can delete.

Yeah the difference is 175GB in quoted size, will be more like 100GB difference in space for games. Well actually I'll work out an estimate.

1TB quoted storage size is a 931GB drive, 825GB quoted storage space is a 768GB drive. So the actual storage size difference between the two is 163GB. PS4 Pro uses 69GB for OS and other stuff while XB1X uses 151GB. Microsoft reduced their OS usage by 22GB to 129GB for the XSX.

If PS5 has same amount reserved as PS4 Pro it will have 699GB usable storage space for games which is 103GB less than XSX. That seems like a reasonable estimate, the PS4's OS allocation is already so low and so much lower than XB1 that they might not be able to reduce it more. If they can reduce it by 22GB for PS5 like xbox managed though it'd only be 80GB storage space difference.

Dr. Pezus

Why would that matter? Its a game that you can delete.

Yeah the difference is 175GB in quoted size, will be more like 100GB difference in space for games. Well actually I'll work out an estimate.

1TB quoted storage size is a 931GB drive, 825GB quoted storage space is a 768GB drive. So the actual storage size difference between the two is 163GB. PS4 Pro uses 69GB for OS and other stuff while XB1X uses 151GB. Microsoft reduced their OS usage by 22GB to 129GB for the XSX.

If PS5 has same amount reserved as PS4 Pro it will have 699GB usable storage space for games which is 103GB less than XSX. That seems like a reasonable estimate, the PS4's OS allocation is already so low and so much lower than XB1 that they might not be able to reduce it more. If they can reduce it by 22GB for PS5 like xbox managed though it'd only be 80GB storage space difference.
Can you delete it?

Ps4 OS is really barebones. I'd expect ps5 os to at least be as big, probably a bit bigger. But then again I know nothing about the ps5 os

Xevross

Can you delete it?

Ps4 OS is really barebones. I'd expect ps5 os to at least be as big, probably a bit bigger. But then again I know nothing about the ps5 os
Yes, obviously. Why on earth would they not let you delete it?

PS4 OS is almost perfect.

Dr. Pezus

Yes, obviously. Why on earth would they not let you delete it?

PS4 OS is almost perfect.
I remember singstar being non-deletable in Europe for some time.

PS4 OS is too slow. But it's very good in most areas.

Xevross

I remember singstar being non-deletable in Europe for some time.

PS4 OS is too slow. But it's very good in most areas.
But playroom on PS4 could be deleted which is a more recent example so if you're going to use any old game as a base here it should be that one.

Its become slow on older systems but it was quite fast new and its still a lot faster than xbox OS.

nnodley

Not gonna lie i'm pretty hyped to get both next gen consoles at launch.  This would be the first time i've ever gotten 2 home consoles at launch.

But it is kinda weird no one was able to play a next gen game on series x with these previews.

kitler53

Not gonna lie i'm pretty hyped to get both next gen consoles at launch.  This would be the first time i've ever gotten 2 home consoles at launch.

But it is kinda weird no one was able to play a next gen game on series x with these previews.
there are no next gen games on xbox...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

there are no next gen games on xbox...
The Medium looks kinda cool.

Dr. Pezus

Probably next week or in the next few weeks

Legend

Probably next week or in the next few weeks
The inside scoop is that they'll test next gen games in 6 weeks.

Dr. Pezus

The inside scoop is that they'll test next gen games in 6 weeks.
So when it's out?

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

That's the joke.
Indeed. I was surprised it's out in only 6 weeks! Time flies. I'll be 30 in less than 5 weeks then  :o 8) ::) :-X

Xevross

Yeah its crazy how close we are to next gen. It feels like we should be at least a few months away given the amount of stuff we still don't know.

Go Up