Microsoft Buys Zenimax/ Bethesda for $7.5B

Started by Xevross, Sep 21, 2020, 01:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

Microsoft can ride this news for years. As a gamer, feeling like they could buy anyone at anytime is huge.

kitler53

sony needs to by ubisoft, SE, and take two asap.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

sony needs to by ubisoft, SE, and take two asap.
What if Sony merged with Nintendo?

Would be horrid but would be unstoppable.

DerNebel

The actual state of this industry for this to be a thing.

Dr. Pezus

The actual state of this industry for this to be a thing.
Yeah lol....

darkknightkryta

so xbox exists the hardware gig and sony continues to make hardware.
all xbox first party comes to the playstation store as console exclusives.  bascially still on PC but fudge nintendo.
playstation allows gamepass to come to the playstation store,. sony takes a 30% cut on gamepass as is standard these days
sony first party comes to gamepass day-1 with a fair compensation level per game published.

i dunno.  wouldn't be the worse future i can imagine.  at that point i would subscribe to gamepass too.  i'd be pretty sad that consoles are basically shame PC though.  the best part of consoles has always been games can be uber optimized for the locked hardware configuration meaning far more performance then you'd otherwise get out of the hardware.
Not necessarily exit hardware, but rather, not care about hardware.  Kinda like how Google still makes phones, but don't really care to push theirs over others.  Microsoft just wants Gamepass on everything.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Legend

Why does the EU have a say on this, since both companies are US based? Or does their ruling only affect Microsoft business in the EU but no one would skip the EU?

kitler53

Why does the EU have a say on this, since both companies are US based? Or does their ruling only affect Microsoft business in the EU but no one would skip the EU?
i think you have it right there.   

the-pi-guy

Legend

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-claims-to-have-18-studios-in-regulatory-document.371937/

MS has 18 studios.
Not all studios are comparable in size/purpose. Does this include HoloLens and things like that?

the-pi-guy

Not all studios are comparable in size/purpose. Does this include HoloLens and things like that?
Nah, just their gaming branch.

Seems likely they either have 3 new internal studios or they are counting something else.  
They officially have 15 studios.

the-pi-guy

Go Up