PS5 Showcase - 16th September 1PM PDT

Started by Xevross, Sep 12, 2020, 01:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Glad my boy Geoff is out here filling in for Sony.

DerNebel

Well that's one thing I certainly didn't expect I would feel after this show: Anger and confusion because of unnecessarily vague information.

the-pi-guy

DerNebel

Sep 16, 2020, 11:22 PM Last Edit: Sep 16, 2020, 11:27 PM by DerNebel
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-is-killing-trans-kids-hogwarts-legacy.288092/
That whole situation is a huge mess. I feel sorry for the dev team to be dragged into this. They are probably as unhappy about Rowlings actions as most are, but it's not like they can all just walk away from the game.

Honestly, I understand the desire to not want to support Rowling but she had probably little to no involvement in this and she wouldn't feel it if this thing bombed anyways.

Legend

That whole situation is a huge mess. I feel sorry for the dev team to be dragged into this. They are probably as unhappy about Rowlings actions as most are, but it's not like they can all just walk away from the game.

Honestly, I understand the desire to not want to support Rowling but she had probably little to no involvement in this and in all honestly she wouldn't feel it if this thing bombed anyways.
I'm surprised they went ahead with the reveal in this fashion. I guess they know there are a large amount of people unaware of the situation. The video has a great like to dislike ratio.

DerNebel

Lol I just saw that the trailer that currently has the most views out of this event on the Playstation channel is that weird FNAF trailer :D

Now that's a series I don't get one bit.

Xevross

Sep 17, 2020, 12:29 AM Last Edit: Sep 17, 2020, 12:32 AM by Xevross
Alright, predictions time:

Boot up UI, quick look around and launch into game to show speed
Spidey MM extended gameplay demo
Demon's Souls is a launch title and gameplay demo
Montage/ reel of previously announced PS studios games, reminder of Astro being installed on every PS5.
Select third parties, timed exclusives announced (e.g. possibly Starfield). I think we'll see at least 5 games here, one specifically is FF16 announced, timed exclusive
One new PS studios game announced (most likely from Japan Studio - Silent Hill if it exists)
Closing/ recap montage of lots of PS5 games
Price & date Reveal - 399/499, Nov. 20th

Possibilities:

Destruction All-Stars if its ready could be announced as a launch title too and the first PS+ title for PS5, Sackboy could possibly do this as well. This is more of a hope though, not predicting it.
Horizon gameplay demo - I would have predicted this will be there if show was 1hr+. Could still be but leaning to no now.
TLOU2 multiplayer reveal - this will be like Warzone I think, F2P but inside TLOU2 to play it. Its announced if its ready soon but if there's some problems or its got bigger in scope it'll be missed. Could be a cross gen launch title, could be a while away. I'm not predicting it but I hope it will be there.

This event will be fairly light on new announcements but there should still be 2 or 3 good ones.
PS studios games that aren't launch will be left aside for now, Sony will have another show early next year or in December I think.
No
Yes
Yes
Yes and no (was a reminder of astro being pre installed in blog post though)
Yes and bingo on FF16
Yes but it was GOW2
Yes
Yes and 1 day off on the date for me

Yes on DAS and Sackboy being launch, no on PS+
No and I was predicting no
No and I was predicting no

Yes there were two or three good announcements
Yes PS studios games not at launch were left aside.

fudge me, call me an insider why don't you, I almost nailed it.

the-pi-guy

So I think my predictions are:

Expected Sony:
Extended showing of Spiderman
Extended showing of Demon's souls
UI will be shown throughout the show.  Through booting up games. Get to show off loading times (lack thereof)
FFXVI announced
2 other games announced
Price announced
Release date announced
World famous montage

Less sure of these:
Sony Japan announcement
Horizon 2 update (several at GG have responded to it)
Small BC update (throwing in updates for first party boost modes)

Aggressive Sony:
GT7 trailer for launch day.

Violent Sony:
TLOU 2 factions for launch day. 
Expected Sony was right on. Minus UI.

Xevross

How often does the closing sizzle show new gameplay of stuff? Its usually previous moments remixed. Theres a few secs of Returnal and destruction all stars in there. Returnal has a UI and everything.

kitler53

well i decided not to watch this live but I just watched this spoiler free.

Final Fantacy console exclusivity is massive.
spider man looked amazing
harry potter maybe looked good,.. i love the franchise but i need to see the game a bit more to decide
some stuff in between
demon's souls looked amazing.  looks like they changed up the gameplay a bit on the spider boss.  wonder if there are other changes too.
playstation collection is a good value add to blunt gamepass.   gamepass obviously has more games but it is also waaay more expensive.  i own most of these but i'll get days gone for free so i'm happy.  5 other games too but i'm not that keen on them.
price is as expected,.. i'm going to get the disc version.  $499 isn't much money to me especially when you factor in the thousands of dollars a year i save in movie rentals from the library.  
oh my fudgy god did my heat skip a beat when the GoW audio played.   2021 is amazing but if it is that close sony should have been able to show... something.

all in all a good show.  not quite the xbox killer we were hoping for but a much better showing than halo lol.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Changing my rating to 5/10 for the showcase considering DeS is a launch game, so that was a nice chunk of launch game gameplay. Would have been promoted to 6/10 for the whole show if they actually announced it as a launch title during the show, that would have been a huge exciting moment. Add a highlight reel for launch games showing more of Destruction AS, Sackboy and Astro and it could have been a 7/10 show.

The after show stuff on the whole was okay. Finding out the great first party launch lineup was fantastic, pre-order mess was awful but I got mine in at least, price hike is shame for outside of the US, Spidey and Horizon being PS4 is meh news.

the-pi-guy

I've already complained about this like eleven

-ty times.  

But ugh.
All the concern trolling is just so ridiculous.  
Like people are literally asking if the PS5 will play digital PS4 games.  Sony needs to give more details about stuff, but seriously.
Every little word gets taken in some super extreme way.

Go Up