Battle of the Backlog

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Aug 02, 2020, 04:29 AM Last Edit: Aug 02, 2020, 04:33 AM by the-pi-guy
I'm about 60% done with Medievil. Not able to play very much.  

But overall I would say:
9/10 at its best.  
5/10 at its worst.  
8/10 overall probably.  

The game gets easier if you do different levels.  If you are having trouble with one, sometimes it helps immensely to go to the other level that's available.  Getting different weapons that make it possible to kill a type of enemy. Getting health boosts.  
It makes it feel like there's a specific order that the levels should be played.

And again, the levels are on the larger side with no checkpoints. Which for the most part hasn't been an issue.  But it means if you die in a level, it might end up being 30 minutes to an hour before you make any progress.  

Load times again are on the high end.  Load to the map, load a level is quite lengthy.  

Well the game is done. That puts me at 3 finished games the past few months. Which is probably more than I've done in a few years.

Thoughts remain the same.  

Decent game with some big issues. Particularly performance issues.

I thought it would be an easy platinum but two of the platinums require basically playing through the game again.  Which I'm not up for.

Part of me feels like I'm being generous with the score

Part of me wonders if I would have like this game more when I was younger.  Just drags on a lot.  

I'll say again. The game was fine.  Not great.

I think I'm going to go back to God of War 3. Finish up my PS3 backlog, the part that I care about at least.  

After that:
-try KH3 again
-replay Horizon
-God of War PS4
-Spiderman