PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

It was to save on costs.  Sony charges publishers by the gigabyte.

Eh? How does that work o.O? Wont they get charged for the demos too?

darkknightkryta

Eh? How does that work o.O? Wont they get charged for the demos too?

I think they get a certain amount free for demos.  So they just have the full game for demos and then make you download an unlock if you wanna buy it.

Legend

It was to save on costs.  Sony charges publishers by the gigabyte.

No it's actually to try and give people a bigger push to get the full game. If they decide to get the full thing, they don't have towait for it to download. Back when internet speeds were even worse, that was a big deal.

nnodley

So reading through The Art of Naught Dog they say that Drake's head alone in Uncharted 4 is over 30,000 polygons.  They said this when talking about in crash bandicoot only 900 polygons could be drawn on screen at anytime.

Legend

So reading through The Art of Naught Dog they say that Drake's head alone in Uncharted 4 is over 30,000 polygons.  They said this when talking about in crash bandicoot only 900 polygons could be drawn on screen at anytime.

Times sure have changed. Heck uncharted 2 was 80k triangles for a whole character. Then just wait till end of gen games. 2million per character? Sure why not.

darkknightkryta

Times sure have changed. Heck uncharted 2 was 80k triangles for a whole character. Then just wait till end of gen games. 2million per character? Sure why not.

Unlikely this gen.  The tessellation hardware in AMD tech is lacking, especially what's in the  PS4 and Xbox One.  It may be possible, but I doubt it.  I actually feel this gen is a band aid until next gen.

nnodley

I would say Drake in UC4 will be easily be close to 150k maybe 200k.  And I think the only developer who really would try for 1million or more on a character would be quantic dream.  I could see them getting up to 500k at least just because they are so limited in environment openness. 

nnodley

Unlikely this gen.  The tessellation hardware in AMD tech is lacking, especially what's in the  PS4 and Xbox One.  It may be possible, but I doubt it.  I actually feel this gen is a band aid until next gen.

Yeah I bet this gen is the shortest of any gen so far.  New hardware may not be out in 4-5 years, but guarantee the rumor mill will start spinning really early this gen.

darkknightkryta

Yeah I bet this gen is the shortest of any gen so far.  New hardware may not be out in 4-5 years, but guarantee the rumor mill will start spinning really early this gen.

Yeah, it's honestly Microsoft and Nintendo's only chance at surviving this.  Plus the hardware MS and Sony put into their respective machines just aren't very powerful.  I say PS5 release in 5 years and will be equivalent to the top end video cards of today.

Legend

Shall we make a bet?

darkknightkryta

Shall we make a bet?

I have no points to bet with :(

Dr. Pezus

Legend

darkknightkryta

the-pi-guy

QD's next game could very well do that.  :D
(or the one after that, we'll see.)

Go Up