Let's Design the Index Page: Good?

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 07:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Use the 4 PS-buttons as icons!! Square, triangle, circle and cross.  8)

We should give this option. :D
But not as default. 

Dr. Pezus

Looking good, mang

Dr. Pezus

Looks weird now due to the black square inside the coloured squares

Legend

Looks weird now due to the black square inside the coloured squares

So what did you think looked best?

Dr. Pezus

Like it is now looks good!

Legend

Like it is now looks good!

Alright!

I think the bar at the top of the table should be copied at the bottom as well. That way it encases the icons better. Agree?

Legend

When quoted it shows the amount of quotes in the reply/view collumn.

Clicking the new button takes you to the newest quote.

ethomaz

Aug 26, 2014, 09:07 PM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2014, 09:10 PM by ethomaz
Looks good now.

Edit - I think the second icon is useless ... it is the same for all posts... maybe it can be the old column instead this one... like

kitler53

I'm testing out larger icons on the left.

They space out the threads more which Kitler requested and I like.

They also allow the far left icon to actually become valuable.

always with the blaming of me.  xD

anyways, i like the icons.  pulls in your vizioneck art to the site with makes sense.

more suggestions:
1. kill the "new" icon thing at the end of the thread title.  i hates it.  clicking on those nice new icons it will take you to the newest post just like the "new" icon currently does or to the newest quote depending on thread status.  clicking on the thread title takes you to the OP.  a last post button exists in the lastest post column.
2. split the replies/views column into two.  new/posts and new/views.   populate with data like such: XX/YY   where XX is the number of new posts and YY is the total post count.  same with views.
3. i still have no idea what that second row of icons is for.  for me it is always the same icon expect when it was your face.  if it isn't getting  use kill it to make more room for thread titles and other useful information.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

ethomaz

Forgot what I said... it is my end issue :P

I need to fix that... it is not showing the icon based in what you choose in the thread.

u4gReservoirDogs

We need 10 icons though!

The 4 buttons mentioned before + the 4 arrows from the d-pad and L1 and R1. :P
Also we don't want to scare away non ps guys ;)

I know, but you could perhaps mix Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation and Xbox buttons? :D
(we can make that a custom theme :) )

I'll be waiting for that, greatness awaits!!  8)

How's it look though?

Looks better then yesterday.  :P
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

ethomaz

anyways, i like the icons.  pulls in your vizioneck art to the site with makes sense.

more suggestions:
1. kill the "new" icon thing at the end of the thread title.  i hates it.  clicking on those nice new icons it will take you to the newest post just like the "new" icon currently does or to the newest quote depending on thread status.  clicking on the thread title takes you to the OP.  a last post button exists in the lastest post column.
2. split the replies/views column into two.  new/posts and new/views.   populate with data like such: XX/YY   where XX is the number of new posts and YY is the total post count.  same with views.
3. i still have no idea what that second row of icons is for.  for me it is always the same icon expect when it was your face.  if it isn't getting  use kill it to make more room for thread titles and other useful information.

There is no difference between the new and thread title link... both send you to the first post you didn't read yet... it is the better... go to OP will happen if you don't read any post in this thread.

I like the "new" it is informative... I want a "quote" too in purple for example.

The second row is for the custom icon you choose for the thread... it is not working in front page... works in the others places... fix needed.

kitler53

There is no difference between the new and thread title link... both send you to the first post you didn't read yet... it is the better... go to OP will happen if you don't read any post in this thread.

I like the "new" it is informative... I want a "quote" too in purple for example.

The second row is for the custom icon you choose for the thread... it is not working in front page... works in the others places... fix needed.

works enough for me.  kill that ugly "new" tag.   shot it in the head.

kitler53

I'm testing out larger icons on the left.

They space out the threads more which Kitler requested and I like.

They also allow the far left icon to actually become valuable.

also, my suggestion was the increase the font of the thread title compared to the author.  or maybe bold it.  make the thread title more important than the author to make it easier to read.

Legend

more suggestions:

1.  I like the new tag. I'll make it optional :0

also, my suggestion was the increase the font of the thread title compared to the author.  or maybe bold it.  make the thread title more important than the author to make it easier to read.

Yes I know :)

Go Up